Very nice tweezers for spidering

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
When my tarantula interest was burgeoning i was surprised how hard it was to find the right long tweezers. A chef friend of mine turned me on to these Global brand "chef's tweezers". They're 12" long, sturdy stainless steel and well constructed. If you don't know cookery, Global makes top shelf chef's knives, spatula's, tongs, etc. so they're not cheap ($40-ish). I love mine. Here's a link to where i bought them. I'm not getting anything for reppin' these guys, just thought somebody might like these for themself:

http://www.metrokitchen.com/item/GL-GS-28/

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
When my tarantula interest was burgeoning i was surprised how hard it was to find the right long tweezers. A chef friend of mine turned me on to these Global brand "chef's tweezers". They're 12" long, sturdy stainless steel and well constructed. If you don't know cookery, Global makes top shelf chef's knives, spatula's, tongs, etc. so they're not cheap ($40-ish). I love mine. Here's a link to where i bought them. I'm not getting anything for reppin' these guys, just thought somebody might like these for themself:

http://www.metrokitchen.com/item/GL-GS-28/
i have been using bamboo ones . for like 4-9 bucks lol i have found the 6" works best. for me

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have been using bamboo ones . for like 4-9 bucks lol i have found the 6" works best. for me
I'm rocking a set of bamboo's as well. Nice turned out ends, lightweight and in 6" & 12" lengths.

Yours are nice too, but $40 is another sling in the collection...lol. :)

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes they are very good and difficult to come by. Oh yes.. and expensive:evil: Also here in Denmark.

Mine is 12 inch long and work like a charm;)

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got a 12in tweezer for $10 and it works beautifully.

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im in that bamboo club aswell. they work great.

i do work in surgery at my hospital and was thinking of taking home an extra pair soon. i just dont really need a pair of metal ones as the bamboo ones i have, have been doing the job great. so i dont see a need in something that expensive. unless they're free :]

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I couldn't find those bamboo tweeziez in any store near my house. The clunky plastic ones i have weren't working so well so i went ahead and got em. It's a pretty useful tool and very precise. They'll last about 100 years so that's one thing i'll never have to buy again. Plus i can always use them for cooking...

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Metal VS Bamboo

Metal can be easily sterilized. A bamboo set of tweezers at 12 inches long pretty much places your hand half way down the length to squeeze and operate them, so 6 inches between you and a potential bite. I also saw bamboo tweezers on the net at reasonable prices - google them. I use sponge forceps at 13 inches long; no pointy ends and they easily pick up even a water dish. They also reach clear to the back of my exo-terra terrarium without exposing my hand to a jittery arboreal. But I gotta admit, the bamboo is intriguing.

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use these 10" ones and they work great! :clap:

CLICKY

You can't go wrong for $4!
thats an awsome find!if i didnt have 4,diffrant size midwest(expensive)forceps allready,i would of went there for my forceps.

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I cant use tweerers with my sling, I'm too scared of squishing it. I use tweezers to transfer crickets into my Ts KK and I always squish in their body/head in the process. :8o

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I use primarily a pair of 6" stainless steel bent tip ones and 12" stainless steel straight ones. Or my pair of locking hemostats come in handy now and then too.

A good pair of tweezers or forceps is a good investment, they've outlasted a lot of other mediocre stuff for years now and they're dishwasher safe.

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Am i the only one using chopsticks?

I'm no Mr. Miyagi, but I'm pretty good! Some of the benefits to using chopsticks over tweezers are: they're cheap (79 cents for 10+ sets), they're long, they're disposable, and they're safe. They aren't sharp or dangerous and I have a technique to coax aggressive t's into containers which has worked every well for me in the past. I use one chopstick to coax and the other I cross over it to shield if the t decides to run up the stick.

Chopsticks in my opinion are the only way to go. Long tweezers (12"+) are very convenient but if we're talking about something for spiderlings, why bother with tweezers?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But does anybody have a pair of 'zircon encrusted' tweezers?

(name that song)

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I cant use tweerers with my sling, I'm too scared of squishing it. I use tweezers to transfer crickets into my Ts KK and I always squish in their body/head in the process. :8o

hahaha I do the same with some crickets :} really funny for me..