Very first T

avhall

Arachnopeon
Beautiful T! Getting one of these is on my list, as I'm also new to the hobby. Hopping to see one at a local expo here in September.

Welcome to the board!
Thank you! I’m planning on trying to make it to an expo around September too and I can’t wait. From my understanding there’s a pretty good chance of spotting these beauties at expos so you shouldn’t have any problem seeing one. Good luck! I hope you find one.

TheHound

Arachnoknight
Setup looks decent, as long as you have mitigated fall damage risk. Make sure there's a water bowl. Enjoy!

avhall

Arachnopeon
Setup looks decent, as long as you have mitigated fall damage risk. Make sure there's a water bowl. Enjoy!
Thank you! Yes I added a bit more substrate to help with the risk of fall damage and I keep a small acrylic bowl for him/her in the enclosure as well 😊

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Thank you! I’ll fix it asap
You said there is two inches from the lid, and the T is 1 1/4 inches? Sounds fine to me, I wouldn't worry about it falling at all. The 1.5x dls rule is nice, but more relevant for when your T gets larger. These animals wouldn't be where they are now if they died from two inch drops as slings.

avhall

Arachnopeon
You said there is two inches from the lid, and the T is 1 1/4 inches? Sounds fine to me, I wouldn't worry about it falling at all. The 1.5x dls rule is nice, but more relevant for when your T gets larger. These animals wouldn't be where they are now if they died from two inch drops as slings.
Correct. It’s still pretty small so I added extra just to be safe but I think it’s fine.

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Correct. It’s still pretty small so I added extra just to be safe but I think it’s fine.
You're def fine. While its better to be safe than sorry, people go a little overboard worrying about sub height for slings. They're lightweight and much less likely to rupture something in a fall.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Welcome!!!

Follow viper's suggestion, it will prevent a lot of issues.

Substrate wise, give her a nice partially moist spot too. She will thank you.