Very first T

avhall

Arachnopeon
Congrats! I love A. avicularia, they are awesome… will probably be my next T actually.

ByMennen

Arachnosquire
Welcome to the boards!
Congratulations! First (or any) tarantula is always exciting. You chose a good species for a first tarantula in my opinion!
Best of luck with them!

avhall

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the boards!
Congratulations! First (or any) tarantula is always exciting. You chose a good species for a first tarantula in my opinion!
Best of luck with them!
Thank you!! I am so excited and did my research and think I made a good first choice to start out with as well

SupremeBananus

Arachnopeon
Welcome and congrats! G. pulchras are an incredible species. I hope you stick around and continue sharing your collection!

ButterMan

Arachnosquire
Great! I have a g pulchra sling and it could take down a beetle twice it’s size quickly

avhall

Arachnopeon
make sure there isn't a fall hazard. Welcome to the hobby and this forum
Thank you! And there shouldn’t be, I put quite a bit of substrate to avoid a fall hazard. The enclosure is small enough too that I think he/she is safe best I can tell.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you! And there shouldn’t be, I put quite a bit of substrate to avoid a fall hazard. The enclosure is small enough too that I think he/she is safe best I can tell.
keep sub to lid no more than 1.5x the DLS. Esp with heavy bodied species like this one.

codenamekitsune

Arachnopeon
Beautiful T! Getting one of these is on my list, as I'm also new to the hobby. Hopping to see one at a local expo here in September.

Welcome to the board!