Uropygi pix

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Excuse me for inserting a little advert into this informative thread:

For those of you who are interested in learning more about these fascinating arachnids, Jeremy Huff will be one of the keynote speakers at this year's ArachnoCon 2007 featuring ArachnoExpo and will be giving two presentations, one of which will detail Uropygi.

Kind regards, Michael

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank You Jeremy for the answer. I see, I'll check it.
I have the same source for manilanus as You and I think as most of us who have em. But I've found there're several of other species referred for this locality, Negros...

I was too also though that these arachnids should live under/in ground but it is not the only report so far of the occurance on trees. That's amaizing fact to me like the same about the large burrowing theraphosid spiders Hysterocrates spp.
Does they come up the trees for hunting maybe... who knows..

I wonder, does it also possible to tell - these Typopelpis are the real once or not: http://www.spidy.goliathus.com/english/typopeltis-crucifer-id158.html

Michael, thanks for advertising - I sure will come, just if You pay for my transfere: Russia-USA-Russia ;)

Jeremy Huff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Mikhail,

The photos look like they could be Typopeltis. The T. crucifer I have in my collection are not as red. Those could be fresh moult or just a nice colour morph.

I was in Cameroon and saw Hysterocrates in the top of palm trees. They actually lived up there. With thelyphonids, I don't think they live on trees but could go on the truncks for feeding, breeding, getting away from ants, etc.

J