uh oh, here we go again NEW YORK

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In honor of Sky's passing through NY on her road trip, lez get it together!!!!!!! I went to an excellent Japanese restaurant with Jodi last week that would be a great place for us. You get your own private room with your own private karaoke! Great sushi, full bar and parking wasn't too bad (meters till 10 pm though). Bring your appetites and lots of quarters.
And of course all you New Englanders and Jersey-ites are more than welcome!

Saturday June 2
East Japanese Restaurant
(212) 889-2326
366 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10016

between 26th and 27th *Streets, Manny* (added by edit)

Last edited:

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
awesome!! just need to know a time since I might already be in the city both days and can hang around

unless we are car pooling?? (are we?)

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
awesome!! just need to know a time since I might already be in the city both days and can hang around

unless we are car pooling?? (are we?)

Check my edit Manny. I will definitely drive in and I always have a spot for you!!!!
Another plus about this place is that we can get a separate room for the kids!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Im down, Ill have to meet ya's there after work of course. I'll prob take the LIRR in.

Later, Tom

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh darn it. I have a cycling event that day. :( Seeing as how I did basically the same event today and just got back now at 10pm, that probably means I won't be able to make it. Unless you guys will still be there after midnight and don't mind dealing with me tired, cranky, and suffering from sunstroke (which is probably unlikely on all counts). :( Keep me posted though if you are doing anything else that weekend though. I miss seeing you guys!!

Aunt Ant

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^^ Sounds good! Don't know if I'll partake in karaoke, the thought of it really freaks me out. :8o
But I'm definitely in! :) No car pool for me, I gots the F-train

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yay! I cant wait. Im a bit nervous though. Parking my big diesel truck in NYC might not be the easiest thing ever. {D

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yay! I cant wait. Im a bit nervous though. Parking my big diesel truck in NYC might not be the easiest thing ever. {D
Awww. we'll all just make a spectacle of ourselves guiding you into a spot that leaves and inch in front of you and an inch behind you. Piece of cake!!!!!

If you'd rather drive into Queens and park your truck in my driveway, that'd be fine too.

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Or ..... we *might* have a better idea. ;)

Stay tuned. Will post as soon as confirmed. :razz:

Debby

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ooh! Ooh! Is it something I can come to? My schedule is crazy, but I hope so.

Btw, Terri is that your new tattoo? Love it!

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you'd rather drive into Queens and park your truck in my driveway, that'd be fine too.

I think that might be a better idea. I have a big brush guard, and its hard to see from the driver seat when you are my hight. Makes parallel parking very dangerous for the other people.

My friend from upstate might come with me, and in that case, Ill let him drive. I rediscovered my affinity for sake today, so a Japanese restaurant might leave me totally incapable of driving. {D

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh darn it. I have a cycling event that day. <snip> I miss seeing you guys!!
I am starting to think you don't love us anymore, Karen. :(
Btw, Terri is that your new tattoo? Love it!
See what happens when we lose touch? Thats two tats ago! Ooops, I mean, THANX!

My friend from upstate might come with me, and in that case, Ill let him drive. I rediscovered my affinity for sake today, so a Japanese restaurant might leave me totally incapable of driving. {D
Even better when someone else is driving!

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Well ok, the decision has been made and confirmed. ;)

This one is for Manny. :p

Our offer is to have the 2nd annual Arachno-BBQ at our place.

The only deal breaker is that everyone MUST stay outside. If it rains then we all can refer back the the Japanese place in Manhattan.

What say you all? :D

Seriously, I need to know how much steak to buy, lol.

Debby

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well ok, the decision has been made and confirmed. ;)

This one is for Manny. :p

Our offer is to have the 2nd annual Arachno-BBQ at our place.

The only deal breaker is that everyone MUST stay outside. If it rains then we all can refer back the the Japanese place in Manhattan.

What say you all? :D

Seriously, I need to know how much steak to buy, lol.

Debby
I took like 4 steaks home because they were so good, who does that?! seriously though it must be stated that both steaks Scott made were two of the best I have ever had :D

What times will this be going on?? I kind of have a problem here.. I have to be somewhere from around 11-4ish then go home and change.... it'll be tough for me to go any earlier..

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A BBQ is a a great idea, Deb, but I think there were some that could only make it in the evening. It's also Jodi's son's B-day and I think she was planning on bringing some of his friends to the restaurant and putting the kids in another room, so we could go back and forth. As for me, I planned to bring my boyfriend, my kids and one of my daughter's friends to the restaurant as well. It would be so much more "initmate" at your place, but I wouldn't want to impose.
arachnoboards said:
The only deal breaker is that everyone MUST stay outside
do you have an outhouse??? ;)

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Im down for either. Not going to the Jap restaurant would probably save me close to $100, lol. Its up to yall to decide, I just need good directions. {D

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just two points about this particular Japanese restuarant. It would be intimate, as we get our own room, a nice sized one at that, we could shut the door and raise ruckus and all that. The table is kind of u shaped so we all see each other, I would say it is intimate.

Also, NOT expensive by japanese standards. Very good, high quality food, but errrrrr aahhhh, errrr how shall I put this. um

cheap

Last time we went I fed my family of five for $80 and we are BIG eaters (do not let their age or size fool you and I eat for two anyway you have seen my size although I have lost around 60 lbs since you saw me last, Sky.)....

OK nuf said.

Second annual BBQ is fine with us too....

Last edited: