Two new breeding projects!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I am now the proud caregiver to a MM E. sp. "Green" from @Blue Jaye and a MM L. parahybana from @Travis21v4. I'm glad I got these when I did, because it's already starting to get a touch chilly out here. We're going to attempt a pairing this coming Wednesday. Until then, the males will be housed next to their respective partners along with some of the female's webbing in their enclosure to get those pheromones going.

The E. sp. "Green" is a bit long in the tooth at a year old, but he's actually fairly feisty. By Jaye's account, he's still eating and tapping - given that my female is quite docile, I'm hoping for a good outcome there. My LP female is a fairly young adult at a touch over 6" dls, and I'm actually a bit worried about that male as he's about the same size as her, if not slightly larger. I'm going to be playing referee with them like a hawk. She also hasn't molted since I've had her, over 6 months. The good news is that even if she molts out, this male is fresh and can wait.

The E. sp. "Green" is a loan with a 50/50 split, but Travis was so determined to get his male some lovin' that he's willing to take the vast majority of the slings... I'll be taking a couple hundred at most, unless we can find someone to buy them wholesale. You have fun with those slings, mate.

I don't have pictures of the males yet (got home way too late last night), but here are the lovely ladies. Pictures of the males will be coming tonight, and pictures/videos of the pairings will hopefully come on Wednesday!

MF E. sp. "Green", molted just a couple months ago
IMG_1044.JPG

MF L. parahybana
IMG_0889.JPG

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Like this comment if you, in 2016, still supports Lasiodora parahybana, a hobby classic, breeding :)

Estein

Arachnoknight
Well I'll certainly be on the lookout for when those E. sp. greens are available. ;) Good luck, looking forward to updates!

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
I might have one, though. One of my tarantulas came with an unknown freebie. Although, it was one of a possible 3. Ruled out G. pulchripes, that leaves me with LP or B. boehmei .

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
I might have one, though. One of my tarantulas came with an unknown freebie. Although, it was one of a possible 3. Ruled out G. pulchripes, that leaves me with LP or B. boehmei .
where do you buy t's that give boehmeis as freebies? :wideyed:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
And here come the males. Unfortunately, I believe my female to be in premolt, so they're going to have to wait awhile. I'm going to bump temperatures a bit to try and trigger a molt from her to egg things along. The Euathlus has already begun tapping at the female's webbing I put in there, so he's ready to go. Let's hope I hear her calling him back tonight.

MM L. parahybana
IMG_1401.JPG

MM E. sp. "Green"
IMG_1412.JPG

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Like this comment if you, in 2016, still supports Lasiodora parahybana, a hobby classic, breeding :)
I too have L parahybana sac on the way. And two versicolor. soon n chromatus, and (when they mature god only knows when) b smithi ,emilia and g iheringi.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Good luck! I know plenty of people who will pounce on E. sp. "green" slings. I'm sure sydsnybny is already drooling at the thought :rofl:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Good luck! I know plenty of people who will pounce on E. sp. "green" slings. I'm sure sydsnybny is already drooling at the thought :rofl:
Yep I will add them to the 8 E.sp blue slings I'm raising I have a female of both now as well.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yep I will add them to the 8 E.sp blue slings I'm raising I have a female of both now as well.
We will flood the market with Euathlus. The streets will flood with their slings, and the empire that the rosies have built as the go-to beginner tarantula will crumble. Soon, all will see the might of Euathlus.

A revolution is coming, my friends.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
We will flood the market with Euathlus. The streets will flood with their slings, and the empire that the rosies have built as the go-to beginner tarantula will crumble. Soon, all will see the might of Euathlus.
Sooooooooooooo...... $5 a piece?:astonished:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Sooooooooooooo...... $5 a piece?:astonished:
I actually have no idea what I'll be selling any of my slings for. I haven't done the research on market price, yet. The B. emilia slings may be hovering around that price, though! Gotta move those quick.