Total Noob First Sling/T

Conna

Arachnopeon
Just got my first sling (Green Bottle Blue) and wanted to post up a pic of its first meal at its new home! It is my first T and I am very excited to watch it grow! 20170421_182545.jpg

Conna

Arachnopeon
Thanks! It sure was hard trying to figure out which one I wanted to get first. I am glad I settled on this one and can't wait for it to web up the enclosure. It started a little bit but took a break to eat :)

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I got my first slings in February and love having them. Now have a list of about 15 more I want lol!
Welcome to the addiction!

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I am also in the same boat, guys. Got three slings (1GBB!), love em and have a list of must haves for future reference, hahha. My GBB had his first meal in my care yesterday. What size is yours? Mine is 1". His butt was small before, haha, id take a pic but I just rehoused him because the enclosure he came with was too big and had bad ventilation.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Great first T. Good choice. See a lot of people going Grammostola or Brachypelma sp. The GBB is and has always been one of my faves. Enjoy!

Ancistrus

Arachnopeon
GBB is one of my favs, and I think for most people as well, great choice on your first T.

Conna

Arachnopeon
GBB is one of my favs, and I think for most people as well, great choice on your first T.
Thanks ! I struggled on which one I wanted first but after seeing some pictures of the adult GBBs I was convinced.

Conna

Arachnopeon
Great first T. Good choice. See a lot of people going Grammostola or Brachypelma sp. The GBB is and has always been one of my faves. Enjoy!
Thanks! I was tempted to get the G. Pulchra or B. smithi as my first, but the GBB just looked so awesome.

Conna

Arachnopeon
I am also in the same boat, guys. Got three slings (1GBB!), love em and have a list of must haves for future reference, hahha. My GBB had his first meal in my care yesterday. What size is yours? Mine is 1". His butt was small before, haha, id take a pic but I just rehoused him because the enclosure he came with was too big and had bad ventilation.
Mine is about 1'' I'd guess. It sucked a mealworm dry and now it has a nice and plump rump ;) It seems pretty happy so far.. has webbed up a bit and made itself a little corner of web to chill in. I got a little skull to put in the enclosure hopefully it webs it up :D

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
What so you're saying your GBB is the same siZe as mine, you got a skull to put in its house and you just got yours as well? Deja vu! I got a skull with grey eyes from walmart haha perfect little hide!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Thanks! I was tempted to get the G. Pulchra or B. smithi as my first, but the GBB just looked so awesome.
Since no one can resist the temptation of a second or third tarantula, you should keep them on your list. :clown:

Conna

Arachnopeon
What so you're saying your GBB is the same siZe as mine, you got a skull to put in its house and you just got yours as well? Deja vu! I got a skull with grey eyes from walmart haha perfect little hide!
Yes... I got a little grey skull from PetSmart. It looks freakin awesome!!!!!! Lil thing is so damn cute

Conna

Arachnopeon
Since no one can resist the temptation of a second or third tarantula, you should keep them on your list. :clown:
Ugh! My wife is always giving me the stink eye now because I am constantly browsing lists of Tarantulas online haha. Does anyone make a How to get your spouse to let you order more T's guide?