Total newbie needs advice

louise f

Arachnoangel
@louise f @Andrea82 I've never thought of Finnish as a sexy language, in fact I often think how weird some words must sound to those who don't speak the language :') Honestly Finnish sounds weird even to me when I think about it. And yeah, Finnish words are sometimes long, but then again lots of Finns love to communicate using as few words as humanly possible, sometimes with only a few syllables or even singular letters.
Also, when are Finns not drunk? x')
Lol. Believe me it really does sound sexy. Have you ever listened to Ville valo when he says rrromantic. :kiss: That's sexy and cute. :embarrassed:

jaycied

Arachnoknight
I love Euathlus sp. red, and have 3 slings. Slings are easier to keep than you'd think. If you're really set on this spider there are adult females available from NetBug (wonderful, have ordered from multiple times). They are a bit pricey, but totally worth it.

The only reason I went with slings instead is because I have a big collection and am willing to wait for them to grow up (they grow sooooo sloooooow). But if you only want one spider (haha good luck, shopping for and buying Ts is addictive) spending a lot more for a female is totally worth it. Especially with this species.

Don't worry about having spiders shipped to you. It's incredibly common, and once you try it once you won't worry about it again. Practically everyone in the hobby have had Ts shipped to them, and DOAs are RARE.

sultsina

Arachnopeon
Pretty sure German has you beat in the long words Department.

I thought I read somewhere that Phidippus audax can possibly live for up to 2.5 years but not sure if that is true.

It is amazing how long tarantulas have been around. The fact that they do what they do so well is what they owe to that.
Still, less than 3 years is such a short time, especially when compared to some tarantulas' lifespans. Besides, having a pet die so soon is just sad! It's a real shame that such awesome creatures last barely a few years.

Tarantulas are quite primitive spiders, right? Yet they still fare so well. Kind of similar to sharks in that respect, being really ancient animals that are still alive and well today, with just minor changes occurring over a period of millions of years.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Ville no, you're supposed to take off your shoes before you sit on the bed! XP
I've actually seen HIM perform once, in a heavy metal & rock music festival 5 or so years ago.
Lol, yeah he aparrently forgot about the shoes. Hehe. Damn you`re lucky. <3 I would love to go to one of their fairwell concerts they are making this year. Before splitting up. <3 But almost all is sold out and i can`t get a nanny for my little son. :( But their music will always be remembered. :kiss:

boina

Lady of the mites
If you are getting a spider from Germany you can PM me if you want. I have dealt with a most of the big vendors in Germany and I know some of them personally - meaning I can also tell you whom to definitely avoid buying from ;)