Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Toronto zoo

Discussion in 'Zoo Trips (Man Made Habitats)' started by fartkowski, Jun 28, 2007.

1. fartkowski

fartkowski Arachnoemperor

Advertisement
    [​IMG]

2. calum

calum Arachnoprince

is that frog what I think it is?

3. fartkowski

I don't remember what it was called, but I believe your thinking it's a poison dart frog? I'm thinking that's waht it is as well.

4. fartkowski

[​IMG]

5. fartkowski

[​IMG]

6. Dom

Dom Arachnolord Old Timer

You're probably thinking it's a Golden frog. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I haven't been into herps for many years but I believe the zoo had a group of them and it was considered quite a coup to acquire them when they did.
    They are extremely endangered and were thought to be extinct a few years ago. I believe a population has been found recently though.

7. UrbanJungles

UrbanJungles Arachnoprince

Golden Toads are extinct...there have been no new populations.
    That is a yellow or gold Atelopus frog....not to be confused with the Golden Toads of Costa Rica which are gone.

8. Dom

Dom Arachnolord Old Timer

Sorry about that:8o you are correct. About 20 years ago I knew a couple of people at the zoo and I was under the impression that they had collected a small group before they dissapeared and it was something they were very excited about. Perhaps my memory isn't as good as it could be.

9. rm90

rm90 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Thank you for the photos. I love the Toronto zoo, its a lot of walking though. my feet were tired after 20 mins :wall:

10. AbraxasComplex

AbraxasComplex Arachnoprince Old Timer

Actually the golden frog (Atelopus zeteki) was also thought to be extinct as well for a point now it is critically endangered, so you guys are both right.

11. fartkowski

It is a tough walk:)
    We usually go every year:D

12. agama

agama Arachnosquire

looks exiting...at the zoo over here i am hoping to go to the new african exhibit

13. atrox

atrox Arachnosquire

The zoo by me is opening a new Africa exhibit too, on June 6th.

14. agama

agama Arachnosquire

same time same thing...i think they are going it for the area...where do you live

15. atrox

atrox Arachnosquire

Peoria, you? LOL if you do small world huh...

16. agama

agama Arachnosquire

yep thats where i live:?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.