Toronto zoo

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't remember what it was called, but I believe your thinking it's a poison dart frog? I'm thinking that's waht it is as well.

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
is that frog what I think it is?
You're probably thinking it's a Golden frog. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I haven't been into herps for many years but I believe the zoo had a group of them and it was considered quite a coup to acquire them when they did.
They are extremely endangered and were thought to be extinct a few years ago. I believe a population has been found recently though.

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Golden Toads are extinct...there have been no new populations.
That is a yellow or gold Atelopus frog....not to be confused with the Golden Toads of Costa Rica which are gone.

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Golden Toads are extinct...there have been no new populations.
That is a yellow or gold Atelopus frog....not to be confused with the Golden Toads of Costa Rica which are gone.

Sorry about that:8o you are correct. About 20 years ago I knew a couple of people at the zoo and I was under the impression that they had collected a small group before they dissapeared and it was something they were very excited about. Perhaps my memory isn't as good as it could be.

rm90

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you for the photos. I love the Toronto zoo, its a lot of walking though. my feet were tired after 20 mins :wall:

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually the golden frog (Atelopus zeteki) was also thought to be extinct as well for a point now it is critically endangered, so you guys are both right.

agama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks exiting...at the zoo over here i am hoping to go to the new african exhibit

agama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
same time same thing...i think they are going it for the area...where do you live