TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and some more...
I just finished moving and getting the "ZooRoom" setup. Still have a couple hours of work to do in there.

we have the whole room heated to 80F. We're getting a programmable thermostat to allow the heat to drop a bit at night, and raise it back up the next day. The reptiles in the room have 45W spot lamps to provide a basking spot. There is no direct sunlight that comes into the room, so the light that comes in is ambient and also helps everyone differenciate between night and day. We're thinking of installing some full-spectrum bulbs as well...

This shelf is bolted to the wall. Top tank is a split 10g with my P. liosoma on the left and P. transvaalicus on the right. The middle tank is another split 10g with H. arizonensis on left and C. gracilis on the right. The lower tank is my S. mesaensis, and I'll have a colony of C. exilicauda on the very bottom shelf here shortly.

This shelf is on the opposite side of the room... Top left is currently a bunch of crix, but that will be changing later today. On the right, the keepers contain several V. carolinianus. Below that is my P. imperator, with the G. rosea T under him. The bottom shelf is 28 C. gracilis scorplings (3rd and 4th instar)

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good stuff Thenothing. Time to get more shelves and more scorps. :D

What do you use to heat the room?

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the room has base-board heating, and we're using it to heat them all... its staying pretty constant at 80 in the tanks right now...

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
TheNothing said:
the room has base-board heating, and we're using it to heat them all... its staying pretty constant at 80 in the tanks right now...

Your power bill is going to be through the roof isnt it? Im planning on having a room once I get my own place. Still debating on how to heat it.

Im hoping that I will have the room in my future house to build a heavily insulated room in my garage. A boy can pray cant he {D

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the baseboard is cheaper than 600+W of heating lamps that would be required... (60Ws on the 10g tanks and 100 and 150W on the snakes (not pictured) and 105W total on the Bearded Dragons (not pictured)

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my newest enclosure here holds about 18 C vittatus.

so whaddya think?

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A ten gallon i just got through putting together for my pair of emps. I figured i should take a picture before all the plants have a chance to die and i start crying myself to sleep ;)

Attachments

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well, broke down and got one of those small Exo Terra tanks. Will eventually house my two C. Margaritas, at least when I get rid of hte males mights. Then hopefully a small family will occupy the space :)

I'll take better pics later, and probably some when I put the female in.

Pardon the quality, webcam :p
I think later on I might get another one of those Ruscus plant things for the right side and drape it down further.

Attachments

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Parabuthus lieosoma

this half of a split 10 gal holds 1 P lieosoma

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is my current setup:

As far for the dutch, it should look pretty logical for translation ;)

only the "wat te doen bij een steek document" could be a challange, but thats: "When you're a real dumbass who get's it in the finger, bring this document to your docter", roughly translated ;)

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
here some pictures of my new scorpi ;)

Hottentotta franzwerneri gentili 0,0,1