TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
enclosure of my 8 heterometrus spinifers.

the theme is a graveyard/cemetery.

what's in there:

1. bog wood x 1
2. skulls x 2 (u can get it from me if u're in malaysia)
3. japanese tea cup x 1
4. large pebbles/flat stones x 2
5. peat for substrate

look carefully and u can see them sleeping the skulls.

video is over here:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=887334#post887334
wow thats alot of spinifers in there! Cool looking setup

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
New A. mauretanicus setup

I used my last bowfront for an Andro colony (still some growing to do before theyll be housed together). Basic decor with a good amount of hides.
The heating is via 2 ceramic elements on 2 thermostats (timed for nightdrop).

Top..ish

Im working of making a little door to view under the hides, heres the proto (very slapped together)

Two cd covers with cardboard...;)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here is my Centruroides limbatus colony and the box I keep them in

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just wanted to show you guys my setup at the moment, plan on expanding here once i find some neat stuff, check out this log though its hollowed out with multiple entraces and exits that these guys LOVE !

4 spinifers =)

Attachments

Last edited:

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice one, Tabor. Reminds me of the Flash Gordon movie. :D

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like the wide open space you gave these guys, how big is the tank? So does the one in the corner have a mouse stuck to his face?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I threw a small pinky in there and they all shared it and the larger male took it from the other and ran into the corner with it lol =) other than that they get along just fine, i picked the tank up at a thrift store for 10 bucks i think its 25-30gal.

will be posting some of my B. Jacksonii once they all get here !

Last edited:

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My scorps used to never burrow and then I placed them in my new setup and they new come out; but at night. :(

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The big cage is where I plan on keeping a breeding group of T. falconensis (1.2), the small ones are for housing my 4 T. asthenes. They haven't got here yet but are supposed to be here by 3pm today :}

Attachments

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pic1: Future home of 1 of my gravid H. judaicus
pic2: Home of T. stigmurus
pic3: Home of 2i T. asthenes

I bought all the kritter keepers they had in stock at petsmart today (about 10) {D
-ryan

Attachments

warren_jc

Arachnopeon
im a newbie on this specially new to have a pet scorpion so this is my setup. cocopeat is my substrate and i add up some potting moss around the water dish. i hope my scorp loves his new home... hehe
DSC01474.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01477.jpg

MarkT

Arachnopeon
Urodacus Yaschenkoi Setup

This is my second ever scorpion, an Urodacus Yaschenkoi native to Australia, just got him today XD :)

Attachments

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use under-bed sliding storage bins with latching lids for my emps; I find that they are out of their hides and active much more often when provided with darkness rather than the brighter environment of a glass aquarium - though obviously the bins aren't as good for viewing. The lid is drilled for ventillation. The floor space is larger than a 10g, with significantly less height, but enough for a good 4" of soil/peat/coco fiber. Each bin has one hide, one log, and one sphagnum moss area. I keep the moss wet, which tends to keep the humidity up as it evaporates into the bin. Plus the scorps seem to like hanging out in there when shedding.
Here are four of my bins; I have more, but these are the only ones I have pics of. Most only have one adult per bin, but I do have one with two emperors and it seems to house that number comfortably.

K3jser

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

There we go allmost all my scorps and all they homes.. still got some in boxes but didnt want to take pictures of it, its boring.. you should be able to see the names of the on they home on most of them.. :D

Last edited:

Paxter

Arachnopeon
Wery nice - totaly :}
You are on top i the hobby in DK, in scorpions, keep up the fine work.....:)

Paxter.- DK - Spider freek.....

JPMiers

Arachnopeon
Those are the same enclosures I've been looking around for.

Where did you get them and how much did they cost you?

Thanks a lot.

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Urodacus manicatus female enclosure (male could probably fit in here with her too)

Urodacus macrurus (?) enclosure. Currently in a sample jar awaiting ecdysis, though. (For obvious reasons)

Urodacus elongatus female enclosure