Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by skinheaddave, Jul 8, 2004.

1. JungleGuts

JungleGuts Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    wow thats alot of spinifers in there! Cool looking setup

2. Nich

Nich Curator of glass boxes Arachnosupporter

New A. mauretanicus setup

I used my last bowfront for an Andro colony (still some growing to do before theyll be housed together). Basic decor with a good amount of hides.
    The heating is via 2 ceramic elements on 2 thermostats (timed for nightdrop).
    [​IMG]

Top..ish
    [​IMG]

Im working of making a little door to view under the hides, heres the proto (very slapped together)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Two cd covers with cardboard...;)

3. Nice enclosure. Like the burrow viewing flaps idea.

Cheers

Alan

4. Brian S

Brian S ArachnoGod Old Timer

Here is my Centruroides limbatus colony and the box I keep them in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. tabor

tabor Arachnoprince Old Timer

Just wanted to show you guys my setup at the moment, plan on expanding here once i find some neat stuff, check out this log though its hollowed out with multiple entraces and exits that these guys LOVE !

4 spinifers =)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  6. Vermis

Vermis Arachnoknight Old Timer

Nice one, Tabor. Reminds me of the Flash Gordon movie. :D

7. I like the wide open space you gave these guys, how big is the tank? So does the one in the corner have a mouse stuck to his face?

8. tabor

I threw a small pinky in there and they all shared it and the larger male took it from the other and ran into the corner with it lol =) other than that they get along just fine, i picked the tank up at a thrift store for 10 bucks i think its 25-30gal.

will be posting some of my B. Jacksonii once they all get here !

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  9. Aztek

Aztek Arachnoprince

^^ Lucky find. :(

10. ideas1

ideas1 Arachnosquire

My scorps used to never burrow and then I placed them in my new setup and they new come out; but at night. :(
    [​IMG]

11. tabor

The big cage is where I plan on keeping a breeding group of T. falconensis (1.2), the small ones are for housing my 4 T. asthenes. They haven't got here yet but are supposed to be here by 3pm today :}

Attached Files:

12. tabor

pic1: Future home of 1 of my gravid H. judaicus
    pic2: Home of T. stigmurus
    pic3: Home of 2i T. asthenes

I bought all the kritter keepers they had in stock at petsmart today (about 10) {D
    -ryan

Attached Files:

13. warren_jc

warren_jc Arachnopeon

im a newbie on this specially new to have a pet scorpion so this is my setup. cocopeat is my substrate and i add up some potting moss around the water dish. i hope my scorp loves his new home... hehe
    DSC01474.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01477.jpg

14. Urodacus Yaschenkoi Setup

This is my second ever scorpion, an Urodacus Yaschenkoi native to Australia, just got him today XD :)

Attached Files:

15. RoachGirlRen

RoachGirlRen Arachnoangel

I use under-bed sliding storage bins with latching lids for my emps; I find that they are out of their hides and active much more often when provided with darkness rather than the brighter environment of a glass aquarium - though obviously the bins aren't as good for viewing. The lid is drilled for ventillation. The floor space is larger than a 10g, with significantly less height, but enough for a good 4" of soil/peat/coco fiber. Each bin has one hide, one log, and one sphagnum moss area. I keep the moss wet, which tends to keep the humidity up as it evaporates into the bin. Plus the scorps seem to like hanging out in there when shedding.
    Here are four of my bins; I have more, but these are the only ones I have pics of. Most only have one adult per bin, but I do have one with two emperors and it seems to house that number comfortably.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. K3jser

K3jser Arachnobaron

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There we go allmost all my scorps and all they homes.. still got some in boxes but didnt want to take pictures of it, its boring.. you should be able to see the names of the on they home on most of them.. :D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  17. ANTHONY.T

ANTHONY.T Arachnoknight

Great setup very goog :clap:

18. Paxter

Paxter Arachnopeon

Wery nice - totaly :}
    You are on top i the hobby in DK, in scorpions, keep up the fine work.....:)

Paxter.- DK - Spider freek.....

19. JPMiers

JPMiers Arachnopeon

Those are the same enclosures I've been looking around for.

Where did you get them and how much did they cost you?

Thanks a lot.

20. PhilK

PhilK Arachnolord Old Timer

Urodacus manicatus female enclosure (male could probably fit in here with her too)
    [​IMG]

Urodacus macrurus (?) enclosure. Currently in a sample jar awaiting ecdysis, though. (For obvious reasons)
    [​IMG]

Urodacus elongatus female enclosure
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.