TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
baddream311 said:
I have a 10 gallon tank with a emporor. It has peet moss stuff that goes from 1.5 in. up to a 3.5 in.. I have used half of one of those holwed out plastick logs (that you normaly put in a fish tank) and put that in the deeper part of the moss. I then covered the plastic "log" with the moss so it looks like a tunnle (im hoping that he will make her own tunnle or make a second tunnle from the first tunnle that I made). Then I have a dome that looks like a big rock for her and a dryed out stick. and of course medeum sized lid for water. Im hoping to get one of those fog/mister things that rases the humidity (i think those are so cool lookin).
View attachment 47863

View attachment 47864
Just wanted everyone to Know The fogers/misters are not safe I had An Exterra fogger The fogger got so hot it boiled the water it was in and melted the cable It was used in proper fashion in combo with terra water fall just want everyone to be careful with them I will no longer use them

sethandsteve

Arachnopeon
DE3 said:
30 gallon long tank that currently houses 15 juvenile - young adult jacksoni. And there's plenty of room for more.. I got it started a couple months ago, then did some re-arranging more recently, as I learned they prefer the more vertical hides, or a scrape just between corkbark and peat.
Wow this is absolutely the coolest enclosure I think I'v ever seen. What kind of substrate do you use, and could you post some more pics?

:wumpscut:

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:: asian forest scorpion arachnovarium ::

This is a poor photo of an arachnovarium we built just this week for asian
forest scorps. it's built with a full false bottom, water fall and stream and the plants wil mostly be encased in the mortar work that was hand scuplted for
grantite and a mudbank.

I'll post photos when it's planted and established.

Supply List:
twenty long fish tank ( argh! )
false bottom suppies
vivarium motar
color stain
pump
hose
time
asprin...just kidding, this was a blast to build for a local client.
it only took 5 hours and was boxed and shipped. half the top is dolid screen
and the other half slides out for access. very straight forward.

[closeup of water inlet]

Last edited:

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
TTstinger said:
Just wanted everyone to Know The fogers/misters are not safe I had An Exterra fogger The fogger got so hot it boiled the water it was in and melted the cable It was used in proper fashion in combo with terra water fall just want everyone to be careful with them I will no longer use them

you need to follow directions. exo which IME sucks, needs more water as does ZooMed, our sponsor so i'd suggest a cool mist ultrasonic fogger. key work COOL. hope this helps.

emperorking

Arachnopeon
My exoterra ultra sonic fogger works great. I use it once a day for about 5 minutes and it soaks the subtrate nicley.

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We need to get your client here on the boards, wumpscut. That setup looks awesome and I really want to see what it looks like when it's done. Anyway, here's my simple little 5 gallon setup I just completed for my lone H. laoticus. I had been feeling guilty since I've had him for a while but haven't given him much dirt to play in so this should do the trick.

Attachments

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice one fluid ;)

now you just made me feel guilty for ALL mine!!! :p (not one blade of grass in sight :()

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heteormetrus spinifer couple (2) enclosure :p~
for easy view and maintainence

compare to the old one :~P

Mesobuthus Tamulus Communel Tank (5)

muliplte hides ! woo hoo!

Centruroides vittatus communel setup (7)

many many climBs hehe

my warmroom for scorplings (idea from Brian)

oh and finally thats my room now hehe (walton enclosure - 1 ) hehe

soory if i repost any pics.. jus change web host so you guys don have to click on links any more hehehe :p~

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Fluid Filter said:
We need to get your client here on the boards, wumpscut. That setup looks awesome and I really want to see what it looks like when it's done. Anyway, here's my simple little 5 gallon setup I just completed for my lone H. laoticus. I had been feeling guilty since I've had him for a while but haven't given him much dirt to play in so this should do the trick.

where do you find those kind of plants?

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Fluid Filter said:
looks nice. are those really planted in the soil? just wondering. They look like
selaginella plants of some sort but if you could provide a closer photo it would be nice.

We'll be using all our own plants. mostly plants from asia like selaginella unicata and some other creeping plants. most of the soil will be our bio-strat
which comes pre-cultured for moss and various ferns of which I'm not sure
will survive but that's okay. it will look just fine. can't wait for the leds to come in!

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys! Im not sure what type of plants they are. I found them in the back yard. It's some type of moss that doesnt really root into the soil as well as a small long stemed plant with round leaves. I can give some close ups later tommorow. Im not sure if the moss will survive the tropical conditions but i can let you know. Clamps seems to enjoy it, as he's sitting on top of a patch cleaning himself.

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Soil that is pre-cultured for moss and ferns? Way cool. I'll have to see about getting some of that from you. Here's that close-up. Hopefully it will thrive, but im not holding my breath.

Attachments

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Enclosure

Its a large KK that will hold 2 C. Vittatus soon, Possibly more in the future.

Heres an Over view :

Heres a side view :

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice and neat set up you have there! remember to post pics of your sco :clap: rpion too!

Curry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's a pic of my emp's tank, I plan on adding a fern or two into the tank later this week or next.

I used the deli cups to help make the hide.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Fluid Filter said:
wow what agreat setup i really like that, bravo bravo.:clap:

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Heterometrus enclosure

5 gal. aquarium, coco peat substrate, spaghnum moss bedding, clay pot hide, waterdish, and LIVE PLANTS!!;P

My scorp seem to prefer this set-up.

Attachments