TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

Dr-Lizard

Arachnopeon
Eurypterid said:
Here are a few pics of my critter room, which is in a little disarray right now, as I'm doing more work on it, and in the process of moving a lot of animals. The fixed shelves are also all hard-wired for electricity, with a minimum of 2 outlets per enclusure. The small tupperwares on the floor each hold a 3rd instar Opisthacanthus sp. The window does not get direct sun, and the room is kept at 80-90 degrees F during the day, and 75-78 at night.
Wow Damm nice setup you got there.
Its giving me some new ideares for my Scorpion and Tarantula room.

Like the shelves wil probberly make mine like that but more like a closet.
cus not all neds to now wats in my Tanks = Enclosheres.

I like it Greate locking setup.

Bryan91901

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heres My setup! Any criticism is great!!! Thanks~!

:) Heres my setup for three heterometrus scorps! Im not sure if they are spinifers/longimarus/laoticus... (last pix is the type of scorps...any help with ID will be great!)..I know the substrate looks a bit dry at some parts but the hygrometer is usually at 75+ with only misting every other day or so! Plus the area where the scorps mainly stay at (the left part of the pix) has a lot of water beads which probably means a higher humidity. I use a 50 watt Exo Terra IR bulb which is on a timer (Is that sufficient enogh for a 20 gallon tank measuring 24 x 16 x 12 ??) ..any criticism would be greatly taken into consideration for I am pretty new to this hobby!

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice set up there i must say, easy matintain and very nice view! good luck with them anyway looks a little like emps but do post more pics of your scorps in the scorp pic thread for easier ID of your scorps, also its really! u can go up to 90 for humidity
MIST MIST! !!! get it moist!

Bryan91901

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks! I had a bunch of green moss for looks but I ended up taking it out because I noticed the scorps didnt like to traverse it that much! plus the crix would sometimes find refuge in the moss and thus making it a longer show when feeding time comes! Will get more pix up for positive ID asap!:worship::razz: ... one more thing.. I wish I got into this hobby sooner! I sbsolutely love just sitting there watching as those buggers go about there bizz when the lights go out! Much more amusing than fish...fresh water that is =)

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hahah definately hope you enjoy this hobby as much as anything you do or even more! good luck and more pic soon!!!!!!!!;P

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow love the terrarium, its one of the first non Natural habitat styled terrariums in a long time, The pyramid makes it aweeeesome, Great job!

Gav0r

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Desert Hairy (H.Arizonensis) Enclosure

Exo Terra 18" x 18" x 18" vivarium, Terracotta Calsi Sand, Slate Mineral Stone, wood. 20 watt 11" x 17" Habistat vivarium heat mat; side mounted.

Click Thumbnails for larger picture:

Cheers, Gav.

Last edited:

Dr-Lizard

Arachnopeon
bayani919 said:
:) Heres my setup for three heterometrus scorps! Im not sure if they are spinifers/longimarus/laoticus... (last pix is the type of scorps...any help with ID will be great!)..I know the substrate looks a bit dry at some parts but the hygrometer is usually at 75+ with only misting every other day or so! Plus the area where the scorps mainly stay at (the left part of the pix) has a lot of water beads which probably means a higher humidity. I use a 50 watt Exo Terra IR bulb which is on a timer (Is that sufficient enogh for a 20 gallon tank measuring 24 x 16 x 12 ??) ..any criticism would be greatly taken into consideration for I am pretty new to this hobby!

Hi there i think your scorp locs more to me as a pandinus imprator species Bur big en nice specimen looc´s cuite big.

ive only had one P. Imprator. if ita that one ? i ceape desert scorps.

pics komming going to get crikets and rat babys

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dr-Lizard said:
Hi there i think your scorp locs more to me as a pandinus imprator species Bur big en nice specimen looc´s cuite big.

ive only had one P. Imprator. if ita that one ? i ceape desert scorps.

pics komming going to get crikets and rat babys
Pic is a lil to blurry to discern anything but the smoother and more elnogated chelae along with the black telson would hint more towards Heterometrus so im thinking its not pandinus

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
bayani919 said:
thats a Heterometrus sp. alright ! 100%

Curry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats a REALLY nice tank gavor...

Last edited:

Gav0r

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks man,

It's an Exo-Terra; "advanced reptile habitat"

They sell this tank in about 4 different sizes; the price varies in accordance with size but the one i've got, the 2nd biggest, cost around £50. I've just released 2 Dune Scorps in to it a few minutes ago.

Thanks Gav.

Last edited:

yuanti

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fungus in my enclosure?

I've got some things growing it seems in the substrate just below the surface and near the glass sides. I believe them to be a fungus of some kind, possibly the start of mushrooms?

The substrate is peat mixed with coconut fiber. I did add in some predatory mites so maybe the mites substrate had some spores in it?

My tank has 3 H. Spinifer in it. Should I be concerned about the fungus being in there? I also have alot of isopods (orange and gray) that run around in the tank as well.

Attachments