Too fat???

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
@EulersK ! I have the same species with a similar mark at the moment, thread with pictures here. I wonder if this is a B. albopilosum thing?

RE: Fat slings, I've never held off feeding because they were too fat. I will withhold food if I think they're close enough to a moult to both refuse and shed in the same night, putting them at risk from the live food in the container.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
@EulersK ! I have the same species with a similar mark at the moment, thread with pictures here. I wonder if this is a B. albopilosum thing?

RE: Fat slings, I've never held off feeding because they were too fat. I will withhold food if I think they're close enough to a moult to both refuse and shed in the same night, putting them at risk from the live food in the container.
Mine was a bit more red, but yeah, it looked just like that. The only other time I've seen it in my collection was from a G. rosea I bought on Craigslist. That's why I brought up the webbing thing - just speculation, but I think that their webbing would protect against something like that.

the league of shadows

Arachnopeon
Every now and then the new forum users need to be told what are the 3 big NOs when it comes to posts here. They are as follows: 1. heat mats 2. handling and 3. hybrids. Post in favour of those and you'll most likely get torn apart. ;) And I don't mean this as an assault to anyone. We are here to advise in favour of the animals and sometimes emotions get the best of us. We see mangled and severely injured tarantulas due to bad husbandry and handling much too often here.. Many times we could explain things in a more kindly fashion, but sometimes we need to ensure that the new keepers get the message. I personally am in favour of a kind explanation, because we all know that many Ts are bought in LPSs and the caresheets there are beyond horrible. Sometimes, though, the new keepers get smart with us here. You don't belong in this group of people, but don't get offended if you get yelled at. This is how we learn. :)
Every now and then the new forum users need to be told what are the 3 big NOs when it comes to posts here. They are as follows: 1. heat mats 2. handling and 3. hybrids. Post in favour of those and you'll most likely get torn apart. ;) And I don't mean this as an assault to anyone. We are here to advise in favour of the animals and sometimes emotions get the best of us. We see mangled and severely injured tarantulas due to bad husbandry and handling much too often here.. Many times we could explain things in a more kindly fashion, but sometimes we need to ensure that the new keepers get the message. I personally am in favour of a kind explanation, because we all know that many Ts are bought in LPSs and the caresheets there are beyond horrible. Sometimes, though, the new keepers get smart with us here. You don't belong in this group of people, but don't get offended if you get yelled at. This is how we learn. :)
Love the way you put that.cut and dry.