Today in the Spider Room?

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This morning, I woke up to discover fresh molts from my Nhandu tripepii and my Bonnetina minax. It must be Spring; that makes 14 molts in 11 days.
One of the more exciting molts was two days ago. My Pamphobeteus sp. machala has grown from one inch to four inches in just under a year. Every molt seems to bring brighter colors with this one. Now that it's been a couple of days since the molt, I'll see if I can grab a picture this evening. He's just so beautiful I have to share :happy:

KenNet

Arachnosquire
My adult female Sericopelma sp. Boquete closed of her burrow. Last time she molted, she choose the area above the "cave". She was preparing (making a molt webb and laying down u-hairs) this time too. Don't really know why she seems to have changed her mind and what is different this time. 382.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyra

Arachnopeon
After actually starting making regular appearances and sitting out my Juvinile T.Albo has restarted excavations and is staying out of sight again. Could be getting ready for another molt or just being unsociable. Time will tell.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My T. albo finally webbed up his water dish to the point that I can't put water in it. I'd go in there and clear the webs, but I'd have to cup him because he's stupidly attached to the dish. (Well ok not attached lol but he likes to be near it) So I just bought him a new one. Peg, you web this one up and then I'm done. :rofl:

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
My sweet P. cambridgei showing its legs for the first time after a molt. It was around 1/2" when I got it in April. It's the same one I was wondering if it's molt of its lifeless body a few days ago.
IMG_5586.jpg

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
My P. auratus sling had the audacity to poop in his water dish as I was filling it up. I then ended up getting a threat posture when removing it to rinse it out. The cheek!

Jzornes29

Arachnopeon
Supposed to be picking up a P. Regalis "communal" setup tonight that has 5 of them in it. Needless to say I will be rehousing them into individual containers tonight. Will post an update after its done! This is going to be my hardest rehousing ever. Whoever thought that it would be fun to put 5 pokies in a little container needs a swift kick in the shorts!

sk063

Arachnopeon
Picked up a couple more Avics. I'm in the dog house again... She'll get over it lol

Jzornes29

Arachnopeon
Well got them home and only 3 remained it’s a huge bummer. On the bright side the rehousing went smoothly.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Rehoused a B Hamorii, then C Fimbriatus, 2 L Klugi, P irminia, OBT, and H Pulchripes. The H pulchripes was the only one who gave me trouble, and thats the one I did last. I think it's always the last one that gives the most trouble. Anyone else notice this?

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Took a couple photos of my Idiothele mira inside her burrow. Lighting is through the sides of the enclosure with a cell phone flash light, but it created a fairly neat effect.

She was happy dancing with a cricket, but I couldn't find the right angle to have the cricket in view. She's quite chubby, haha.