Today in the Spider Room?

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Picked up a few new babies this week! P. vittata, P. metallica and another little OBT sling. Also pulled a sac from my Neoholothele incei fem, it was my first sac and admittedly I freaked out and pulled it too early because she's been buried for months so now I have eggs in the incubator :zipit: Counted 101 eggs though and they all look healthy! Super excited to find out what the gold/olive ratio ends up being, mom is a gold form and dad was an olive so we will see.

Other than that my C. lividum dug a new burrow along the side of her tub so I can actually see her now so that's pretty cool...my C. sp. kaeng krachan hooked out at a whopping 2" and has a date with a 6" fem lined up for Monday so fingers crossed, I've been trying to hype him up the last few days because I love that stupid thing and until I saw his palps I thought he was fem so I'm pretty sad.

Also going to be doing my first pokie rehouse this week or next so there's that.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Can't seem to make my N. chromatus happy. I moistened a small portion of her sub, she took to it immediately. I figured I'll moisten half then and see what she does, she is currently stress curled ON the moist sub and has been for a few days. But she was stressed on the dry sub. I don't know what's going on with her.

But on the bright side my B. boehmei was finally exploring other areas of her enclosure after sitting on one quarter of it for a month.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
I started eating some chips next to my C. versicolor enclosure. I noticed she suddenly became super active. Going around enclosure, clearly looking for something. And that was happening especially while I was taking another one.
This greedy pig noticed me taking those chips out and wanted to share one! Apparently roaches aren't enough anymore.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Rehousing my insanely skittish MM T. ockerti today. He doesn't have any room to comfortably make his sperm webs in his current enclosure so I'm going to give him a slightly larger one. I tried to find him a girl but nobody local needs him.

Not T related but the last of my original 2 P. horrida passed she made it slightly past 2 years mature and has been in an " assisted living facility" with hand delivered meals the last couple months as she only had 2 tarsi left, one antenna and couldn't compete with the others for food. She enjoyed a nice juicy roach a few days ago as her last meal. Goodbye Granny, I'll miss you:sad:

vounti

Arachnoknight
Sunday I fed my slings, all of them ate nicely. In order to not bother them too much, I just put the lid on the box but I don't clip it. Shame on me!
I currently live in a university building where I share the kitchen and the building with other students. Fortunately, my bedroom is just for me.

Monday, coming back from university, I checked on my tarantulas and one was missing!
My Caribena versicolor escaped. Little bugger had me anxious but I found it 15cm away from its enclosure! Little fella was the worst housing when I got the slings. It bolted more and got me more trouble than the Cyriopagopus lividus sling!
Lucky me, I found it quick and had no problem getting it back into its enclorsure

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
Sometime within the past week and a half my P. Cambridgei, T. vagans and N. chromatus molted, all a first in my care, and just last night my P. pulcher molted for the third time in my care, and boy is it gaining size quick, also I believe my avic may be in a pre molt, as it has began moving it's web out of the cork tube making a hammock towards the top of the jar. Super exciting times for me lately. Other than that my AF G. porteri is the same pet rock as she's always been, the MM T. Albo wanders looking for love, and all is well for my spider family!

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
My Nhandu Chromatus giving and example and being better at hygiene than a huge majority of people on this planet,as proven this year:rolleyes: :lol:

Hi all
my little B emilia (1.5cm DLS)was refusing food for about a month.Thought she was in premoult but then she ate today.Well it is what it is.lol
Regards Konstantin

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Trying to rehouse my MM T. ockerti so he has a bit more room to make his sperm webs and this is what happened. Evidently he'd rather try to drown himself than be moved:rolleyes:
T. ockerti Nov 2020.jpg

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Got my Orphnaecus sp. blue panay rehoused today, went better than expected. Its actually around 3 inches DLS. I found an old molt in with her so she is confirmed female.

Rehoused my P. Cancerides. Found a molt with her too. :) She is around 4 inches.

05ED2C65-9640-4B24-B1F7-6946972E9E5C.jpeg 24FB8ACF-E3FF-40E8-AF66-A531D685ECD7.jpeg

Lyra

Arachnopeon
Lots of activity last night. I sat and watched my T rearranging its burrow and moving dirt out for as long as I could as I really don't see it much at the moment. This morning it had made a huge pile and is now back in its burrow.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Rain is in the forecast so the Ts are losing it. N. chromatus, GBB, and T. albo are all climbing for higher ground. Y'know, so they don't drown. :rofl:

Hi all
Not s good day for me today.
This morning found one of my Theraphosinae sp panama slings dead in its pot.It was not in death curl but motionless tucked in its moss away from its normal hanging spot.It was in premoult as its abdomen was all plump and shiny and it has refused couple of meals too.
Im not sure if it was moult issue related or just weak sling but gutted anyway.I don't think its something I did as I keep another 25 slings in same condition as this one and they all seem to be doing well.
Hope my other 4 will do better in future.
Regards Konstantin

Lyra

Arachnopeon
My Curly hair juvenile has finally been sitting out of its burrow a bit more, that was until I dropped something earlier which made a loud sudden noise. It jumped tumbled down its burrow mound looked confused then went back in its burrow and hid. 🙁 I hope it comes out again soon now.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
It's been a very dull week in the spider room. My B. hamorii continues to sit in her empty second water dish, preventing me from filling it for her when she's completely in it, my B. boehmei continues to utilise exactly 12% of her enclosure, my N. chromatus is still sulky, and my GBB has decided she's done having a water dish not completely covered with webbing. Good times.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It's been a very dull week in the spider room. My B. hamorii continues to sit in her empty second water dish, preventing me from filling it for her when she's completely in it, my B. boehmei continues to utilise exactly 12% of her enclosure, my N. chromatus is still sulky, and my GBB has decided she's done having a water dish not completely covered with webbing. Good times.
We lead such exciting lives :rofl:

This last week has been dirt curtain building week, all the psalmopoeus' have all come down low and built dirt curtain hides at the base of the wood. About as exciting as it has gotten this week.

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Psalmopoeus pulcher has been building a surprisingly intricate system of tunnels around his cork bark tube. For the first couple of weeks in his new enclosure, he webbed the inside of the cork tube and spent all his time hiding inside. Yesterday I noticed him poking his feet out of a new tunnel under the cork tube, emerging through the moss around the base. Now I've counted two more new escape tunnels. All the substrate from those tunnels has been used to create some pretty impressive dirt curtains down one side of the cork tube.

My Pamphobeteus sp. Machala molted and gained an impressive amount of size. She's also starting to get a very pretty pink starburst on her carapace. What a stunner.

Also had molts from my T. albopilosum, C. elegans, and both P. sazimai. Several of the slings I bought last year are now at or over 3 inches. It's super exciting to see how they change as they grow. Such beautiful animals. Always wanted blue and purple pets :cool:

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
My Cyriocosmus leetzi is "fossorial":
IMG_4266.JPG
It molted recently and has been pretty active since then, but it's not a mature male yet. I'm going to do my best to sex the tiny molt it kicked out with my cheap clip on macro lens, though.

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
Rehoused my T. vagans last night, and it has already started building a burrow, I gave it a mealworm for it's hard work, B. albiceps is eating for the first time post-molt, and everyone got official names and labels with a handy-dandy label maker!