KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
A two-photo story for the subcategory "Famous last words":

"Hi, I'm new here. My name is Lenny Locust. You look nice. Wanna be friends?"

20200923_171043[1].jpg

20200923_171357[1].jpg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My T. albo was looking exceptionally pitiful this morning in the corner of his enclosure with some of his legs absolutely curled under. I picked his enclosure up to get a better look at him and oh man he hated that! :rofl: Came charging to the front IMMEDIATELY as if to say "What!? Square up, punk!"

And last night my B. hamorii was fully in her empty water dish. She has a full one, I give her two when she's in heavy premoult but since she's moulted I've only been filling up one and apparently she wants the other one filled up. I'd love to fill it up for you Doris but I can't very well do that when you are IN IT.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Started using a mix of cricket sizes after my last expenditures. Much to my dismay, I came home to a bunch of little ones running around in the bedroom....vent holes too big for smalls. Luckily the woman was out and I"think" i caught them all......I think

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
My 3rd instar P. irminia just threat posed to me and a tiny lateralis roach. Wish she knew how cute that was.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Did some feedings yesterday. My new B. boehmei is voracious and gave me quite the feeding response, my GBB gets better at hunting every day, and my N. coloratovillosus gave me a threat pose. :rofl:

Enceladus

Arachnopeon
Soooo I think I have a different species than I originally thought I did. I've had my T for about 2.5 years now, suspecting I had a C. schmidti this whole time. It came out of it's burrow for the first time today in weeks and all of a sudden its blue! Now I'm thinking it's a C. lividus. I attached an image from a couple hours ago and one from just 6 months ago to show the difference!
IMG_1941.jpg IMG_8848.jpg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Got a new T today after swearing I was done. Lucille the N. chromatus behaved wonderfully for me during her rehouse and I sure hope I managed to get a sweet one. Made my T. albo mad at me again and refilled the water dishes. Eventful.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Got a new T today after swearing I was done. Lucille the N. chromatus behaved wonderfully for me during her rehouse and I sure hope I managed to get a sweet one. Made my T. albo mad at me again and refilled the water dishes. Eventful.
my N. chromatus is not very nice but super fun to watch. Always active and always hungry!

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Went all the way across town yesterday to get mealworms for my B. hamorii as she is a princess and won't eat crickets. Plonk one in there and it starts burrowing immediately. Swore I crushed the head enough. So it burrows and she doesn't go for it and I'm thinking "Great. Now I have to cup her, dig the stupid thing out and give it back to her." I went for a short walk and lo and behold when I came back she got it herself! Very proud of her as she's usually not interested in food in general.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
And.....absolutely nothing.
My A. avicularia had his final molt on 6/15/20 and has eaten one mealworm since then.
My A. seemanni last ate on 8/16/20 and on 8/22/20 sealed itself in it's burrow and I haven't seen it since.
Good times, good times.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
Found my 2i T. vagans sling had passed this morning. I don't know if it was something I did or if she had an injury or she just wasn't strong enough to survive......Nature is harsh and cruel and she was so tiny....
Safe travels, Itsy Bitsy. See you on the other side.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Fed the small juveniles today. GBB, B. emilia, and N. coloratovillosus all got a mealworm. Happy to see them all eating so eagerly.

Georges Simp Pierre

Arachnopeon
Probably the biggest fail I've ever had in invert keeping. I had just noticed my phlogius rubisetta sling was in the middle of a moult which is the first one I've witnessed for a tarantula. In my excitement I checked on my phlogius kuranda juvenile which I knew was in heavy pre moult and promptly dropped the container and it rolled halfway across the room. Thankfullythe t was fine after I dug it out.

Attachments

Lyra

Arachnopeon
It seems last night my T closed off its burrow with dirt. So I'm guessing a molt may be coming. IV only had Anansi a week and it has spent nearly all that time in its burrow but open so could see legs poking out time to time. It has also not eaten yet. I'm resisting the urge to rotate it to see if I can see in the burrow from the back as I don't want to disturb. We shall see.... It's all new to me

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
First of all i witnessed the absolute strength and the absolute stupidity of a tarantula all in one go.
I've put a piece of wood bark into my G. Pulchra sling enclosure because she absolutely loves digging under solid objects.
She has made this nice slope up her enclosure,and she is usually chilling on the lower parts.

Anyway,for some god forsaken reason,she decided to move the piece of bark. It's much bigger than her,but she carried it up the slope with ease. And for some reason she put the piece of bark on top of her water dish. She stood on the bark (that is now on the water dish) victoriously for a second,then decided to climb off of it. As she moved her body over the piece of bark,she accidentally flipped the bark and the whole thing rolled down the slope with her.

I was scared that she mightve hurt herself,but upon closer inspection it seemed all fine. Damn i had a good laugh :lol:

20201024_220013.jpg

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I fed all the new slings today. Great feeding response from the G. iheringi. It really attacked it's mealworm.

I fed all the new slings today. Great feeding response from the G. iheringi. It really attacked it's mealworm.
Lucky you.
I fed my 40 odd slings.Most refused food.
There are few freshly moulted, some in possible premoult and some just closed shop and are nowhere to be seen.
Moral of the story is "More slings are needed."lmao
My best eating slings atm are my Dolichothele diamantinensis bunch
Regards Konstantin

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I fed 4 of my Ts today and my Nhandu chromatus went into a stress curl after eating a mealworm? She is in full stress curl I'm wondering what her deal is.

Hi all
Last night was feeding my Ts and my 7.5 inch LP jumped out of her front opening enclosure to chase the cricket.She was towards the middle and was good 25cm from the door and in one jump she took like 40 cm.She got it half the way of my bedroom floor and I proper sh*t one.Good job the enclosure is on bottom shelf and the girlfriend was fast asleep.lol
This is to all that say they are not aggressive feeders. Hahaha
Regards Konstantin