Today in the Spider Room?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I've had Big Scary the stirmi for about a year and a half now and I hadn't seen a single threat pose until this morning.

We've been through a couple of rehouses, enclosure maintenance, etc. and it was me throwing a cricket in front of her that was the last straw, apparently. 😂

319C80EE-79FF-4725-A5D4-A5BE6E03946A.jpeg

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Received my latest order of spiders today; an Aphonopelma chalcodes sling and a juvenile female Aphonopelma moderatum. First time I've purchased a confirmed female T. We decided to name her Tigger, with some help from our kids :rofl:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I guess my P. regalis, Sterling is in a weird mood today. I saw him peek out from behind his slab of cork bark, then quickly (and with a surprising amount of force) toss a bolus directly into his water dish. Moments later he poked his butt over the edge and sprayed some poop right next to it. Gotta love Pokies!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Last night I checked on my Aphonopelma hentzi females. And I saw this...

73A97154-C26D-4587-A3ED-2ED404DCCF31.jpeg

Its not a clear image, as she is very deep in her burrow. But...is that an egg sac?

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Actually, there is a chance that it could be a fertilized egg sac. If your female was wild caught it could be fertilized egg sac. Are you breeding aphonopelma hentzi? I should have asked first.
OK...now I get it.

Back in October, I mated the two females to 3 different males. I didn’t think to take any images till the last mating.

CF5D67DC-3DE3-4A8F-9F15-12F9F169CA94.jpeg

So yeah... I’m pretty sure the eggs should be viable.

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
Got a Neoholothele incei juvie today. I'm so excited about it, it's so pretty and active and already webbing. :D

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Moved my A. chalcodes enclosure around a lot yesterday and when I was done she went full flat pokie on me, as if to say "Stop moving me, I've had it!"

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
The Aphonopelma seemanni mature female I guilt-purchased on sale at Petco on Valentine's day 2019 has finally molted and doesn't look like hot garbage anymore. She is a sleek queen with shiny dark grey hairs.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
My L polycuspulatus sling molted into something only slightly larger but WAY more grouchy. He bolted AT me when I walked over to check the enclosures and when I lightly touched his lid, I got a full-on threat pose.
This from something not much bigger than a quarter.
Lord, I hope he stays small for a while. Re-housing is going to suck like whoah.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Yesterday, Mrs Blue Berry decided she needed to add a whole new section to her web castle. I feel really bad for you, sweetie, but I will have to destroy it... :shy:

20200613_new web.jpg