Today in the Spider Room?

Shinn

Arachnosquire
@Shinn I've never seen this before. Do you know if there was any reason for him to remove it?
Believe the spurs might have been damaged when I first received him some 2 months back. He had removed the first pedipalp around the third day I unboxed and rehoused him which was also showing obvious signs of damage when I coaxed it out of the box. This second one looked normal at the time but it might have been damaged too as I can't see the spur clearly now that he has amputated it. I suspected that could have been the reason why the owner decided to sell him in a mystery box deal for around 14usd.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Pulled a discarded phantom eggsack from a 0.1 P. sp Akcaya's waterdish. I had absolutely NO idea she was holding it.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Hope you find a male for her. It's absolutely needed in the hobby.
Lol I have three mature females, one of which already produced a viable sack. I'd definently like to find another male at some point, but I have too many irons in the fire right now honestly.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Great! Here Akcaya's are not common for sale and thus very expensive. Good you have enough females to make it work.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
This thread just made me realize that I don't have any Phormingochilus at all. So I just ordered a female P. sp. Rufus together with some other spiders. Will be a beautiful addition to my other spiders! Very happy that I found a female!

Shinn

Arachnosquire
Tiny roach nymphs for tiny spiderlings.
20220710_085307.jpg
13 of them. Should I call this the Last Supper?

Timc

Arachnosquire
Got the worst hairing (that’s a word now) of my life courtesy of my B. boehmei during a rehouse today. Now, I’m no newb when it comes to hairs, I take precautions, such as gloves, sleeves, a mask etc.. but this little devil managed to get them all on to my neck. Now I don’t know whether to shave my beard or just pluck every last fiber sticking out of my skin. Good grief.

corydalis

Arachnoknight
Last December my Hmac lost a limb during a molt. Today I was lucky enough to find her outside and she even allowed me to take some shots.

Took her 2 molts (in 7 months) to regenerate the limb properly. Still not as thicc as the intact one, but the improvement is quite visible.

Pics taken: 2021.12.25. / 2022.03.17. / 2022.07.14.
IMG_2124.JPG IMG_2663.JPG IMG_7775.JPG

Shinn

Arachnosquire
First glimpse of my pet hole, Ornithoctonus Sp. Uthai Thani after it's recent molt. Looking gorgeous and the photo just doesn't do it justice. Unfortunately it scurried back underground before I can get a better pic.

20220717_182216.jpg

CitationNumber

Arachnopeon
Today I realized my newly set up 16oz deli cups with cross ventilation had way to much moisture in the substrate than I thought. Water droplets have ben forming on the walls so I took some extra lids, cut the center out and hot glued screen mesh over the top. It seems to have had some help so far in the last 8 hours. Crisis adverted and now I have some mesh lids for the future if it happens again!

8 legged

Arachnoprince
It´s such a pleasure to have time for the hobby. Today was one of those days!

This young Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus girl was in her hide for several month... Now freshly molted and hungry!
DSCN5835.JPG

This adult Chromatopelma also molted last week...
DSCN5852.JPG

He/she/it (Y. diversipes) molted today...
DSCN5873.JPG

1st: This stirmi 0.1 was borrowed over 6 month, She molted, but the old caraspace is left. She seems to be alright and is eating for three!
2nd: Also a blondi juvenile female opened her hide today. She also was hidden for some weeks.
DSCN5858.JPG DSCN5864.JPG

1st: Rarely that one of my balfouris can be seen during the day!
2nd: Avicularia minatrix, molted several days ago. What a beauty!
DSCN5839.JPG DSCN5843.JPG

1st: Dolomedes triton hiding under water.
2nd: Barylesis scutatus, fat and still hungry...
DSCN5815.JPG DSCN5866.JPG

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
It´s such a pleasure to have time for the hobby. Today was one of those days!

This young Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus girl was in her hide for several month... Now freshly molted and hungry!
View attachment 424466

This adult Chromatopelma also molted last week...
View attachment 424467

He/she/it molted tpday...
View attachment 424468

1st: This stirmi 0.1 was borrowed over 6 month, She molted, but the old caraspace is left. But she seems to be alright ang ist eating for three!
2nd: A blondi opened her hide tody. She also was hidden for some weeks.
View attachment 424469 View attachment 424470

1st: Rarely that one of my balfouris can be seen during the day!
2nd: Avicularia minatrix, molted several days ago. What a beauty!
View attachment 424471 View attachment 424472

1st: Dolomedes triton hiding under water.
2nd: Barylesis scutatus, fat and still hungry...
View attachment 424473 View attachment 424474
They're all so beautiful! Great photos.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
One of my adult female Dolichothele diamantinensis open up her "burrow" after a molt. Took awhile. I even started to miss her.

D. diamantinensis Af..jpeg

KenNet

Arachnosquire
One of my Lampropelma nigerrium slings molted. She will need a bigger enclosure quite soon 😃

Lampropelma nigerrium.jpeg