Today in the Spider Room?

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My N. coloratovillosus just flipped over about a half hour ago! :D Other than that: everyone else is sedentary as ever.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
My P. ecclesiasticus female moved to a new home. She was very docile and is already eating a superworm...
PXL_20210502_085741862.MP.jpg PXL_20210502_085853459.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
New additions!! My Brachypelma boehmei was tired of being the only representative of it's genus. So I added B. auratum, B. baumgarteni, B. hamorii, and B. smithi slings to my collection today.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Today I rehoused my P. reduncus slings...

IMG_4956.JPG
The magnetic lock works perfect!
IMG_4957.JPG
IMG_4958.JPG
And already hungry ...
DSCN6622.JPG

Last edited:

TheHound

Arachnoknight
My T sabulosus has gotten more feisty since her moult (she's now about 3 inches DLS). Whenever I would open her enclosure previously she would scurry inside her hide. Now, she half does, but doesn't go all the way in. I opened it up a short while ago to fill her water bowl - instead of running in she went towards the bowl, apparently curious about the squirts. As she was about and on top of her hide with the enclosure lid off, I took the opportunity to take a couple of photos.

Then she put her front legs over the edge of the retracted enclosure lid. To discourage her from continuing this course of action further I gently touched one of the front legs with a paintbrush, and got a threat posture. At this point my only apparent options are try again with paintbrush or gently start sliding the lid back. The latter could have led to either her retreating or moving further forward and on top of the lid. Because I didn't like the idea of the second of those I tried the paintbrush again and she attacked it! Had never seen such behaviour from her before, nor had I seen a threat pose. She did then go backwards, but since then I've had another threat pose just from looking nearish the enclosure wall (see pics).

I was going to wait for another moult to rehouse, but that gap between floor and ceiling is looking quite small right now, so I may consider doing it before she moults again. Just thankful she moves nowhere near as fast as my D pentaloris.

Attachments

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Good and bad happenings today. The good is that all but one of my mature males ate today. I don't know about anyone else but it always makes me happy when a MM eats.

The bad is that it looks like my incredibly long lived MM N. incei is on his way out. Some of his legs are starting to curl and he's barely moving. He matured in mid December of 2018 , was active until a couple of days ago and ate up until a month ago. The only thing he missed out on was a girlfriend sadly. I'll miss the little guy :bigtears:

Kirstielol

Arachnopeon
My 5 new T's have arrived safe and sound from Tarantula Canada
IMG_20210511_121728.jpg
A. geniculata, K. brunnipes, A. purpurea, D. pentaloris, and E. campestratus

The K. brunnipes was a freebie, and this guy is laughably tiny. I love him. Can't be bigger than 2mm.
IMG_20210511_122123.jpg

Also one of my T.albo slings made an appearance! After being burrowed in its cave for well over a month. Seems to have molted and gotten much bigger! (sorry for the glare! I knew he'd bolt if I opened the enclosure)
IMG_20210511_144036.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I just went to feed my reclusive Monocentropus balfouri, and I discovered him making a sperm web! (I wasn't even sure of the sex until today.) I guess I'd better start looking for a date for him.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
My L. parahybana sling ate literally 20 minutes before molting. Luckily it was a very small roach that it just cast aside before flipping. Showed no signs of premolt.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Well finally arriving a day late after spending an all expenses paid (by me) extra night at the Chateau de FedEx in Memphis, my new slings have finally arrived.
Phormictopus auratus
Pamphobeteus insignis Colombia
Xenesthis intermedia

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
When I got Lenore (P. irminia) a week ago from the reptile expo, she was looking a little thin and dehydrated. She definitely enjoyed this tasty snack I gave her last night to help fatten her up and hydrate her. She went after it with ferocity and ate the entire thing! IMG_20210512_213335517.jpg

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
When I got Lenore (P. irminia) a week ago from the reptile expo, she was looking a little thin and dehydrated. She definitely enjoyed this tasty snack I gave her last night to help fatten her up and hydrate her. She went after it with ferocity and ate the entire thing! View attachment 384768

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Moto has been mature for 13-14 months now. The last few nights I've caught him out and about still looking for a female. He's old, haggard, and missing a leg, but that's not slowing him down much. He's still eating, drinking, and in my opinion, still stunningly beautiful. A real fighter. IMG_20210516_000531567~2.jpg

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Nhandu chromatus rehousing...

The motivation was rather low!
IMG_5495.JPG

Then she was satisfied after all ;-)
IMG_5504.JPG

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Not much going on these days. My boehmei continues to be upset with the décor in her enclosure and moves the fake plants almost weekly. Food day coming up and that is about it. Life with juvenile and sub-adult terrestrials.... very boring. Just how I like it.