Some of my dwarves got rehoused today.

0.0.1 Hapalopus sp. guerilla, 1.375" DLS:
1000020967.jpg

0.0.1 Davus sp. Colombia, 1.125" DLS:
1000020943.jpg

A non-dwarf also got rehoused...

0.1 Sericopelma sp. Santa Catalina, 3.0" DLS:
1000020844.jpg

And this youngster didn't get rehoused, but he wanted to get his picture taken, too:

1.0 Aphonopelma moderatum, 3" DLS
1000020984.jpg

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
Dodged a major bullet last night. I have a large curly hair sling that was not showing any obvious signs of pre-molt. Abdomen was normal looking, burrow was open, no molt mat, ate eagerly a week ago. I dropped in a small cricket that ran into the burrow but the T didn't immediately go after it; so I decided to give it some time. When I checked on it a few hours later (I can see into the burrow) the T was just staring the cricket down. That concerned me, but I couldn't get to the cricket without tearing apart the enclosure, so I figured I'd give it a few more hours. About 4 hours later I checked on the T and it was visibly putting down a molt mat. Now I was prepared to tear things up but by sheer luck, the cricket had come back out to the surface! Plucked it out, threw it in with my A. germani, and 4 hours later I had a fresh molt.

And then on the same night my new H. davidbowie sling molted as well! I had given that one a cricket too, but luckily the davidbowie was up really high and there was no way for the cricket to get to it (the cork doesn't touch the substrate). Managed to pluck that one out too. Here's a freshly-molted, nearly transparent davidbowie (tiny little thing!)

IMG_4597.jpeg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Luna, my sub-adult female Aphonopelma moderatum, got a nice rain shower in her enclosure today. She hit 3 years since her last molt 10 days ago (4/11/21), and she has only eaten once since September (a meal worm on 1/18/24). I usually keep her enclosure pretty dry, so I'm hoping the good soaking will trigger her to... do something? She's healthy and happy, so no complaints there, but she's got a couple boyfriend waiting, so it would be nice if she would molt sometime soon, lol.
1000021054.jpg

In other news, I'm fairly confident that I had a successful pairing of my Phormingochilus everetti last night. I didn't catch the actual insertion on video, but I did get a clip of the female spazzing out as the male ran away, which I believe was the result of a good insemination. The male is still in with the female, so they'll have a few more tries at it, I'm sure. Fingers crossed!

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Dodged a major bullet last night. I have a large curly hair sling that was not showing any obvious signs of pre-molt. Abdomen was normal looking, burrow was open, no molt mat, ate eagerly a week ago. I dropped in a small cricket that ran into the burrow but the T didn't immediately go after it; so I decided to give it some time. When I checked on it a few hours later (I can see into the burrow) the T was just staring the cricket down. That concerned me, but I couldn't get to the cricket without tearing apart the enclosure, so I figured I'd give it a few more hours. About 4 hours later I checked on the T and it was visibly putting down a molt mat. Now I was prepared to tear things up but by sheer luck, the cricket had come back out to the surface! Plucked it out, threw it in with my A. germani, and 4 hours later I had a fresh molt.

And then on the same night my new H. davidbowie sling molted as well! I had given that one a cricket too, but luckily the davidbowie was up really high and there was no way for the cricket to get to it (the cork doesn't touch the substrate). Managed to pluck that one out too. Here's a freshly-molted, nearly transparent davidbowie (tiny little thing!)

View attachment 471417
So cute! I love its beady little eyes and all the fluff. Will be looking forward to more pics as it grows.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Nice hit, but through the window. Thrixopelma pruriens...
Old Nikon bridge cam with cheap macro lens...
DSCN9788.JPG

MGHamlin

Arachnopeon
He is a stud then 😉
TBH, versi are usually very receptive. Sounds like a perfect match so you should have success. When did the female moult?
I did a second pairing last Wednesday that appeared to go well. I couldn't confirm insertion because the male actually crawled into the female's "den" and did the deed down there. I could see them engaging in the mating dance through the glass, but some webbing on the glass made it impossible to see with clarity whether there was insertion. That said, they did their dance, then the male disengaged and left the den of his own accord. I'm hoping that means he felt like he got the job done.

I plan to a do a third pairing this week. I have a question on that front, though. Because of all the webbing in the male's enclosure, I've not been able to spot when he makes a sperm web. The male and female are housed right next to each other, though, and I saw him out wandering the glass of his enclosure tapping this morning (the female has been out today, too, perhaps in response). If you see a male tapping, is it safe to assume he's made a sperm web and is ready to go? Or should I wait a few more days to be safe?

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
I did a second pairing last Wednesday that appeared to go well. I couldn't confirm insertion because the male actually crawled into the female's "den" and did the deed down there. I could see them engaging in the mating dance through the glass, but some webbing on the glass made it impossible to see with clarity whether there was insertion. That said, they did their dance, then the male disengaged and left the den of his own accord. I'm hoping that means he felt like he got the job done.

I plan to a do a third pairing this week. I have a question on that front, though. Because of all the webbing in the male's enclosure, I've not been able to spot when he makes a sperm web. The male and female are housed right next to each other, though, and I saw him out wandering the glass of his enclosure tapping this morning (the female has been out today, too, perhaps in response). If you see a male tapping, is it safe to assume he's made a sperm web and is ready to go? Or should I wait a few more days to be safe?
That sounds like a positive to me. He would have been booted out straight away if she wasn't going to let him insert.
2 down, 1 to go 👍

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I still have this pet rock to my name despite forgetting to put the feeder plug back in yesterday
PXL_20240422_201154913.jpg

*** This is just a PSA to not do husbandry when tired. It's the same as being drunk. ***

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I still have this pet rock to my name despite forgetting to put the feeder plug back in yesterday
View attachment 471518

*** This is just a PSA to not do husbandry when tired. It's the same as being drunk. ***
You should call little one Clash because " darling you got to let me know , should I stay or should I go" 🤣🤣🤣
Jks aside very lucky definitely don't do t work tiered my friend, they can definitely wait till after you sleep .

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Had to bump these babies into new homes because they got too big. All hail!
Iceman was such a a sweet boy
PXL_20240422_234809330.jpg

Maverick was a bit of a turd. She retreated to her burrow, how could I disrupt this gorgeous view :(
PXL_20240418_213320953.jpg
I let her get invested in her cricket and made my move when she came out. She was not happy with me, she kicked and gave me her best xenesthis impression
Shes pouting but is still accepting crickets
PXL_20240422_234841249.jpg

All these little fatties wanted food
PXL_20240423_044620509.jpg
PXL_20240423_045130286~2.jpg
PXL_20240422_121334677.jpg

I need some enclosures drilled. I have hit rock bottom. Had to put my ultramarinus in a critter keeper. I'm embarrassed but she needed more space after her molt and I've been counting the seconds until she hardened. There will never be a picture of this 🤣

You should call little one Clash because " darling you got to let me know , should I stay or should I go" 🤣🤣🤣
Jks aside very lucky definitely don't do t work tiered my friend, they can definitely wait till after you sleep .
That is a great name!!! I think I've quadruple checked everybody now. I only use those silicone plugs for the little guys, my biggest fear is one wandering into an adult enclosure through the same portal :(

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
View attachment 471532

Maverick was a bit of a turd. She retreated to her burrow, how could I disrupt this gorgeous view :(
View attachment 471533
I let her get invested in her cricket and made my move when she came out. She was not happy with me, she kicked and gave me her best xenesthis impression
View attachment 471534

View attachment 471535
View attachment 471536
View attachment 471537

I need some enclosures drilled. I have hit rock bottom. Had to put my ultramarinus in a critter keeper. I'm embarrassed but she needed more space after her molt and I've been counting the seconds until she hardened. There will never be a picture of this 🤣

That is a great name!!! I think I've quadruple checked everybody now. I only use those silicone plugs for the little guys, my biggest fear is one wandering into an adult enclosure through the same portal :(
I always check before I go to bed weather I have done t work or not I can't help it , gunna jinx myself here but never had an escape in my 3 years keeping and it's my biggest fear so I check first thing after feeding the cats n getting a coffee i am constantly scanning them during the day then before I go to bed I do a full 100 spood check again 😆, it maybe overkill but between the bairn the cats n my poor health I can't have an escape at all. Luckily my spiders seem to have accepted this deal and tend to stick to their viv n if they do move its to the burrow before I open the viv , I am OK with this 😁

Aaaaannnnnddddd......

ALL HAIL! 🙌 🙌🙌 😉

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I always check before I go to bed weather I have done t work or not I can't help it , gunna jinx myself here but never had an escape in my 3 years keeping and it's my biggest fear so I check first thing after feeding the cats n getting a coffee i am constantly scanning them during the day then before I go to bed I do a full 100 spood check again 😆, it maybe overkill but between the bairn the cats n my poor health I can't have an escape at all. Luckily my spiders seem to have accepted this deal and tend to stick to their viv n if they do move its to the burrow before I open the viv , I am OK with this 😁

Aaaaannnnnddddd......

ALL HAIL! 🙌 🙌🙌 😉
I check on mine all day, and I get dimed out by the loud door to the spider room. You don't get in trouble for spending so much time on "invertebrates?" (Yes that's derogatory as it sounds 🤣)

I miss having them in my bedroom. Tell me how a loud door is worse than inadvertently getting a flashlight in your eyes at 1am?? And again at 3am?? 🤣🤣 I miss the insomnia buddies, the noises. Especially the mature males. Thank goodness the walls are thin and I can still hear the crickets.

Last bipedal I intend to keep 🤣🤣🤣🤣

To add to my defense I work 48-72 hours a week before over time and my shifts are at least 24 hours long. Then an hour drive each way....I can't wait to get home and make sure no one is stuck in a molt or something

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
View attachment 471532

View attachment 471533
View attachment 471534

View attachment 471535
View attachment 471536
View attachment 471537
These pics are a dream!
All Hail!
Aaand those toes!!

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Episode four of So You Want To Breed Tarantulas Ehh?
20240423_124109.jpg
A Phormingochilus sp Akcaya eggsack is getting separated this week. Time to start all over again with enclosure prep.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Dani Calafornia Sericopelma santa catalina saf time for her first post moult meal and a rare treat in this house some crix she happily took 4 they didn't get a chance to even touch the sub 😆 20240423_200410.jpg
The Black Daliah love it when this girl greets me in the morning she goes to bed at 5am thoughso i have to get up early. Her pics really don't do the depth of her black any justice, she's like looking into the void irl 20240423_204916.jpg
Dolly Sericopelma sp Azuero a recent gamble as an unsexed juvie £40 with delivery, she moulted a week n a half/2 weeks ago and is female 😁 one of the best bargains ever imo . Taking her time to start filling that booty though had 4 worms all that size or bigger in these past 2 weeks n she's still not filling out.... guessing those legs are hollow as well as long 😆 20240423_203048.jpg
I might just push it n give her a headless morio to try n plump that butt up she's so game she would probably take it 😂

Tiny t alert , Seraphina Homoeomma chilensis suppose juvie now despite only being an inch big 😆 first time I have seen her since she moulted, so cute with her new outfit n big t colours.
20240423_192156.jpg

Last but definitely not least n not the best pic but Opal my Davus sp panama has moulted, after coming mite infested as a tiny 0.5cm sling this little one holds a special place in my heart 3/4th of an inch on the moult and gone from kinda having pattern to being a proper magma spood 😊 so proud of this little one and just how far we have come . Even through the web and milky plastic we glow. 20240423_133141.jpg
Getting up to these beautiful creatures makes the 4am start worth it 😊

corydalis

Arachnoknight
Finally was able to take some decent shots of my young (probably not even subadult) female A. seemanni. Took me a couple of weeks and a lot of failed attempts, despite the fact that she stays outside her burrow all the time. Well this time she wasn't just kind enough to tolerate me removing the lid (which was necessary to take photos), but after a half-hearted attempt to retreat, changed her mind and decided to stay on the surface, taking a more relaxed position eventually, exactly what I was waiting for.
IMG_8970.JPG
IMG_9005.JPG
IMG_9019.JPG
IMG_9014.JPG

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Had a successful pairing of Ornithoctoninae sp Vietnam silver. Hopefully I'll be rewarded with some slings in the near future. The colors have such a metallic sheen to them. VID_20240424_180052161_exported_104649.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Rehoused this Acentropelma sp. Chiapas juvenile, who is one of the most stubborn T's I've ever tried to move. Didn't flick a hair or give a threat pose, but grabbed onto any and everything and then hunkered down. Strong for such a little thing! 😆 Very pretty, though, and has grown quickly...
1000021151.jpg

Also rehoused this Theraphosinae sp. cuzco sling (1" DLS), which is maybe showing some color on the carapace:
1000021136.jpg

Finally, I received this beautiful Aphonopelma moderatum MM today. He's 👌...
1000021095.jpg

Within about 4 hours of being rehoused and sitting on the shelf next to his lady, he was getting ready to go to work! Little stud!
1000021110.jpg