Today in the frog room

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Getting started on my next build a 36x18x24" Atasuki sliding door tank.

Cleaned the tank and drilled the drainage hole.

Going to be using most of this cork bark for the build:
20200806_140551.jpg

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Some more work on it. Tried something different for the side panels. I'm divided on how I feel about it. The silicone didn't adhere as well to the peat moss/sticks as I'd hoped but it does give the side some texture.

I'm planning to paint the back and sides of the tank with black paint (outside the vivarium obviously) to hide the spots that where the dirt didn't adhere as well.
20200811_140541.jpg 20200811_140340.jpg 20200811_140344.jpg

Nongkym

Arachnopeon
Some more work on it. Tried something different for the side panels. I'm divided on how I feel about it. The silicone didn't adhere as well to the peat moss/sticks as I'd hoped but it does give the side some texture.

I'm planning to paint the back and sides of the tank with black paint (outside the vivarium obviously) to hide the spots that where the dirt didn't adhere as well.
View attachment 356071 View attachment 356070 View attachment 356069
your tank is coming along nicely!! Have you tried working with the "Great stuff" foam in a can? I am inspired to work on my whites tree frog enclosure! thanks for sharing.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
your tank is coming along nicely!! Have you tried working with the "Great stuff" foam in a can? I am inspired to work on my whites tree frog enclosure! thanks for sharing.
I've used great stuff. It was hard for me to work with. I am not good at sculpting/using tools to form shapes, so I don't love using great stuff as a background. @Dorifto makes backgrounds using a similar product. There's a thread he started to give advice/steps on how to build one.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Thanks mori!

Great stuff is another brand of polyurethane foam. I used a generic one, with low expansion capabilities, those ones don't create so much bubbles inside, so the final product looks more natural.

The first thing is to choose the correct foam for you, low expansion vs expansive ones, wich colour etc.

@Nongkym If you want, take a look to my tutorial, and ask any question you have without hesitation.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
With your tarantula vivarium building skills you could EASILY do a fantastic dart frog vivarium build.
I know, and for that it annoys me 😂😂😂

My little brother wants something similar to my vivs, but something more like a paludarium with river crabs, so I can make a gift for him and instead of river crabs, I could swap them for dendros 😂😂😂😂

I had river crabs in the past, and they were quite funny, in a paludarium they would look fantastic

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer

My little brother wants something similar to my vivs, but something more like a paludarium with river crabs, so I can make a gift for him and instead of river crabs, I could swap them for dendros 😂😂😂😂

I had river crabs in the past, and they were quite funny, in a paludarium they would look fantastic
Please don't set your brother up with a multi species paludarium... ;-). One tank, one species.

River crabs can make cool paludarium subjects. When I was younger (17-19 or thereabouts) I had fiddler crabs and set them up with a land and water section, they were really fun to watch.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Please don't set your brother up with a multi species paludarium... ;-). One tank, one species.

River crabs can make cool paludarium subjects. When I was younger (17-19 or thereabouts) I had fiddler crabs and set them up with a land and water section, they were really fun to watch.
No, no, in case of having only one specie 😂😂😂

He want's a paludarium, with moss, plants and with the stars wars theme...

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince

I've always wanted to set up a paludarium for mudskippers.