Thrixopelma should be everywhere

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ughhhh they're so beautiful. I've heard some people say they are the least temperamental of the genus...but then others say they're the worst. I'm just hoping when the time comes I get a "happy" one
That big lady in the photo is nasty as hell ahaha. She jumped on me from her enclosure once with fangs spread! I dont spook easily but that moment was terrifying :bag:View media item 35718

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
You will be 80 years old when your chalcodes matures :p
Exactly. That is why I skipped all the awkward youngster years and paid through the nose for a sub-adult female.
Little did the seller know that I was prepared to pay double what he wanted for her.
_DSC8949-2.jpg

Abyss

Arachnoknight
For me it is more about the blends, accents, and shades. That is why I love the Psalms and Tapi's so much.

But I still love the color of Avic's and Brachy's. I am less of a fan of the P. metallica abstract appearance.
Ah P. met is the creme' de la creme' for me (prob spelled that wrong lmao)

Gets no better IMO to have the grey tribal design w/ that brilliant metallic blue and the contrast of that deep/bright yellow.....
Ah my fav

clive 82

Arachnoknight
You must be looking in the wrong places I'm from the uk and I have 4 different species including probably the 2 of the rarer 1s Thrixopelma sp cajamarca above and cyaneolum
Where abouts are the best places to look johnny?

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Where abouts are the best places to look johnny?
If you're willing to take a bit of a risk tarantulas Bristol have T pruriens slings now. Virginia cheeseman often as T ockerti in stock but not sure about as she's been ill so her stock list is down a little. I bought my T cyaneolum adult female and my A ferina sub adult female from exotic pets they have pretty rare species and Chris is great to deal with he had a T cyaneolum adult female a few weeks ago @£49.
The other option would be wait till spring and order from polond or elsewhere in Europe.
I was told that bugz uk and Martin goss were pretty good to deal with but I've yet to test that theory.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
If you're willing to take a bit of a risk tarantulas Bristol have T pruriens slings now. Virginia cheeseman often as T ockerti in stock but not sure about as she's been ill so her stock list is down a little. I bought my T cyaneolum adult female and my A ferina sub adult female from exotic pets they have pretty rare species and Chris is great to deal with he had a T cyaneolum adult female a few weeks ago @£49.
The other option would be wait till spring and order from polond or elsewhere in Europe.
I was told that bugz uk and Martin goss were pretty good to deal with but I've yet to test that theory.
Ok mate, thanks for the info. I was looking at the exotic pets website the other day & was impressed with the stock list. Have only heard bad things about TB.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok mate, thanks for the info. I was looking at the exotic pets website the other day & was impressed with the stock list. Have only heard bad things about TB.
I've never had an issue with tb they email me to check if my order as arrived and I've never received any wrong slings but I have received a freebie from them.
The only issues I've ever had were from tss and strictly exotics so I never worry about my order.
Exotic pets have some species in stock at some parts of the year that I've never seen else where

cold blood

Staff member
I have to agree. Everyone has different opinions. I feel Poecs colours arent great though the patterns are kinda cool. If they werent so reclusive I would probably still be keeping them. I also think Chromatopelma have awesome colors, but saying that I dont think T. cyaneolum is too far off of that. Just not so vivid.

My favourite species are Africans for the metallic colors and starburst carapaces not to mention the feistiness ahah.

I respect every Theraphosidae though. Each to their own :)
Poecs are imo the least reclusive ow genus, or at least one of. Occasional specimens are, sure, but collectively theyre great display spiders.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ken from Bugzuk is a good guy but names some sp. wrong and mixes up sp. sometimes, also a little pricey with not having any proper size references. But his customer service is outstanding.

Martin Goss is a very busy guy but is never slow to reply to any enquiries, again a little pricey but is honest and doesnt mess about

Exotic-pets are sterling dealers but packaging isnt great.

Virginia is a good lady too. Sometimes a little pricey.

These guys are genuine though. Unlike the other one :shifty:

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Poecs are imo the least reclusive ow genus, or at least one of. Occasional specimens are, sure, but collectively theyre great display spiders.
I think Asian OW are the most reclusive in general not just Poecs. The fossorials are ovc the worse. I love the Africans as they are bold, though some will be quick to head for the hide too.

My regalis was out on show more often than my metallica or ornata. I would open the door to my T room then just see their legs disappearing behind their hide :(

awiec

Arachnoprince
I have an adult female cyaneolum also but sadly I've not found a male YET but i won't give up hope
I know of a male in the states so I'm working on trying to get him, my female is quite large for her species so I'm hoping she will pop out lots of eggs

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know of a male in the states so I'm working on trying to get him, my female is quite large for her species so I'm hoping she will pop out lots of eggs
Good luck and fingers crossed. I'm pretty sure a certain member on here would walk to your place from his for a beautiful little sling

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If he doesn't get to my girl, I know this male has mated with at least a few females so one way or another there should be more in the states
That should be music to every true hobbyists ears we definitely need more worldwide that's for sure