This NEEDS to be reported

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
I thought about reporting it but as I said yesterday it will probably encourage the guy to make more videos to prove that he is in control and we centipede lovers are not. After sleeping on it I have decided that I am going to lecture him in the response section. If the video stays up and people see this guy being ridiculed and condemned by the viewers it will have a longer lasting effect than just getting it removed. People don't want to do things that they see other people being condemned for. Maybe, just maybe I can change his mind about centipedes and then he will have to live with that horrific video on the internet for the rest of his life. Just getting it taken down is a gift to this sick pig, it will erase his act from the public eye. Let him be ridiculed and condemned until he removes it himself.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
OK, I should have scrolled to the bottom of the thread. It has been removed. Does anyone know what his youtube channel is so I can message him?

Stugy

Arachnolord
Uhh... the video in question sounds rather interesting to watch. Since it has been removed (rather quickly too) before I knew about it, what happened in the video? Didn't get to watch it. :/

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
OK, I should have scrolled to the bottom of the thread. It has been removed. Does anyone know what his youtube channel is so I can message him?
Keep in mind that with this 'Google' stuff thing now YT channel names can change often... anyway, seemed to me a kinda South Eastern Asian name one, when I checked yesterday :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Uhh... the video in question sounds rather interesting to watch. Since it has been removed (rather quickly too) before I knew about it, what happened in the video? Didn't get to watch it. :/
A bunch of sadist people torturing a centipede somewhere in S.E. Asia if I'm not wrong. Sadly, seems that lately there's too much of those type of vids.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Basically, a large centipede was pinned down with a machete, coated in hairspray, and slowly burned.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
They had other videos on the channel, including one other of a centipede being killed, this time, I believe, with a knife. The video was titled "the immortal centipede". You should be able to recognise the channel, as the setting was near identical to the vid that was just deleted. Good luck reasoning with them. Make sure you let us know how they react/what they say.

Pepsi

Arachnopeon
Honestly, why would people do such a thing? Just because something LOOKS nasty on the outside, it doesen't mean it is nasty on the inside. That centipede would not want to come in contact with people at all. I just hate some people.... killing a life just for your own pleasure is just disgusting... I don't get what is so hard about A) Selling that Centipede (you get money AND have saved a life) B) Put it outside (ideal) or C) Leave it alone ... Humans are so unnecesseraly cruel.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Selling that Centipede (you get money AND have saved a life)
I don't disagree but do you know how much I payed, here in Italy, my female Scolopendra subspinipes (a classic one, btw, not a priced variant)?

Less than 30 Euro, shipping included. And the seller didn't lose his money, trust me. Obviously, WC straight from Vietnam.

I hardly believe someone living in Vietnam can make a deal selling a 'pede that entered in his/her home... wouldn't even worth, IMO, only the time wasted in finding someone in the trade/export... for that I have reasons to believe that those, in Vietnam, are laughable cheap.

This is only an example, eh... and do not (obviously) condone such brutal and pathetic behavior.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
we centipede lovers
I'm not even a centipede lover (they creep me out a little); I just don't like seeing people burn animals for their own amusement. It's cruel, and any adult who enjoys doing that has issues.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Nice sentiment... in theory. He will then assume you alone got his vid removed. You might create a youtube enemy -- you don't want some crazy troll person following you and disliking everything you upload or post on youtube forever. Sorry, not meaning to sound cowardly, but c'mon -- he BURNED a centipede -- no telling what sort of repercussions you might have. :(

[thank goodness I'm not one of those overthinkers....lol ]

RTTB

Arachnoprince
So much art and beauty in the world to immortalize on film. I guess videos like that speak to the pathetic existence of the participants as this is how they choose to express themselves and spend their time.That is what they have to offer the world.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
I'm not even a centipede lover (they creep me out a little); I just don't like seeing people burn animals for their own amusement. It's cruel, and any adult who enjoys doing that has issues.
As I thought about the pragmatic real world effect that such video would have it occured to me that people that don't even like centipedes are probably repulsed by watching something like this. The centipede is the underdog and the victim. There are probably many people that watched that video and empathized with the centipede. Probably more people than those who enjoyed it. In the long run it probably isn't going to encourage more people to do sadistic things to creatures they don't understand. It will probably raise awareness the same way factory farming videos have. There is a silver lining. Everyone will eventually see who the real monster is.

It's still sickening.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Just putting it out there, but perhaps the most frightening thing of all was that it had more likes than dislikes before I posted it here.

Last edited:

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
YouTube has a bot that goes through reports, it could take a while before a video gets taken down since there's no actual person behind the reports.
Are you sure it's a bot? Surely there has to be something else to determine whether a reported video actually deserves deletion. YouTube user Jaclynglenn made a video showing her personal opinion on Jake Paul, and someone shared the video, telling everyone to report it, with the result being hundreds upon hundreds of Jake Paul fans converging on her video. Even with what would likely be hundreds of reports, her video was not taken down due to the fact that it didn't actually violate anything.
Nice sentiment... in theory. He will then assume you alone got his vid removed. You might create a youtube enemy -- you don't want some crazy troll person following you and disliking everything you upload or post on youtube forever. Sorry, not meaning to sound cowardly, but c'mon -- he BURNED a centipede -- no telling what sort of repercussions you might have. :(

[thank goodness I'm not one of those overthinkers....lol ]
I really don't think having a single troll downvoting your videos is going to do very much. See my above statement on people who report videos without legitimate meaning. Plus, I'm interested in what Dubia is planning to say, and even more so in what he may get in response.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Just putting it out there, but perhaps the most frightening thing of all was that it had more likes than dislikes before I posted it here.
IMHO vote with your keyboard if you don't like something, don't watch it, now if you stumble across some other form of cruelty by all means report it, but don't make yourself a target for these senseless idiots!