Thinking about getting a ferret...

troglodyte

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had four Marshall Farms ferrets as a kid. One choked on a vitamin that someone dropped and didn't pick up, one died of a tumor on her throat (she was put to sleep) when she was 5 or 6 and one died when he was 8 or 9 of seemingly natural causes, and I forget how the other died. I don't think it was cancer, though.

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i don't know man they should get at least two or three hours a day out side the cage
That's like saying the dog should be walked every day for 3 hours cause a house is too small. My cage is huge with 3 levels plus tubes all around it. My ferrets are real small cause they were bred for scientific use. If I hadn't adopted them they would have been dead at 3 months old.

SoupyC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's like saying the dog should be walked every day for 3 hours cause a house is too small. My cage is huge with 3 levels plus tubes all around it. My ferrets are real small cause they were bred for scientific use. If I hadn't adopted them they would have been dead at 3 months old.
Thats sad, good on you for adopting them!

ThistleWind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I bought the ferret yesterday. The girlfriend and I brought him home and set up his cage. The cage has two levels. We bought some fleece fabric so we could make him a hammock, but she's just been using it as a blanket (we didn't set it up as a hammock yet). She's small, the girl at Petco said she had just came in last week. I like her a lot so far, I thought she'd be like a rodent and run off. But she's always exploring, and doesn't go too far. We got her a collar with a bell, which is priceless. Without the bell, we have no idea where she is. But she's been yanking the collar off, haha. They sure like to be rowdy though. She's also very loving. I'll post pictures later. :)

wsimms

Arachnodaddy
Old Timer
Congrats on your new baby. You won't regret it. Like anything else, the more time you spend with a ferret, the greater the attachement it will develop.