Genus Theraphosa

Organophosphate

Arachnopeon
So...I got my first T. Blondi today! 4 or 5 inch unsexed in decent condition. Brought it home, moved it to a larger container with the correct environment, and gave it a few hours to start to adjust....the little kid in me and my 9 year old son just had to see if it would eat...we fed it 4 crickets and the beast immediately devoured them....awesome. The speed that it moved was pretty amazing too. I have many Ts and typically I think the bigger the T the slower right...not so with this guy...it is fast!

Ive had it for a total of 6 hours and it's my new favorite {D :) {D

kanito107

Arachnosquire
i just bought my blondi today!!! it was 40 bucks the guy wanted to get rid of it and i was like wow okay , in my observations i think its a real blondi but here is a picture, the guy said it was a male but who knows.

Organophosphate

Arachnopeon
Looks like the local midwest distribtor for Indiana and Chicago got some Blondi from somewhere...mine had the same substrate as yours...after not seeing any for almost a year or so there were 3 dealers that had some...

Good luck and keep posting pics...I'm going to have some tomorrow

kanito107

Arachnosquire
I posted more pics on tarantula chat. Go check them out I'll definitely post more here this week tho

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Austin: Looks like you have a T. stirmi and not a T. blondi:)

LegionT

Arachnopeon
Here are some pic's of my Theraphosa apophysis.Hoping that she's gravid,as I mated her last year December...but still waiting for her to drop me an eggsac.

She's just sitting on her lazy fat ass and doing absolutely nothing!

Attachments

Last edited:

Austin

Arachnosquire
Austin: Looks like you have a T. stirmi and not a T. blondi:)
Hey you know I think your right, I didn't do much research before I had boughtin this T, it was some sort of a rescue deal from petco. Those tards couldn't even tell me if he/she was WC or not. Cool man thanks for pointing that out for me.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey you know I think your right, I didn't do much research before I had boughtin this T, it was some sort of a rescue deal from petco. Those tards couldn't even tell me if he/she was WC or not. Cool man thanks for pointing that out for me.
They are brutal and very fast moving eating machines:) I bought mine in june last year and she was aprox 5cm ls and now she is about 23cm ls, very fast growers.