Genus Theraphosa

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
went home for my lunch break today to find my blondi on its back. i was hoping it would've molted over the weekend so i could be home to catch it..but not i'm just hoping it will wait a few more hours till i get out of work and can get bakc to the house. if i make it, i'll take a nice sequence of pics and post them.

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awsome pics every one I really like the Theraphosa apophysis, looking good:clap:

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
well i missed the molt, but i was able to help it get the last of the old exoskeleton off and took a few pictures as well.

first thing i saw when i came home

little bit stuck to the abdomen..luckily it was on very loosely and came right off.

as good of a photo as i could get. i'm not completely sure, but after looking at it with a magnifying lens, i think (hope) i have a female since it looked like there was a flap as well as some tiny spermathecae (that part i'm not 100% on..if thats what it was, it was very small. i'll be confirming the sex again next time to be sure.)

crop of the abdomen, you can see some urticating bristles.

stretching out.

last one. it rolled up this ball of substrate and was carrying it a little and digging its fangs into it. {D

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
really cool pictures, good job
my blondi molted about two weeks ago
they look very nice coming out of a molt

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi just wanted to add a couple pics of my little blondi i really love the red hairs

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks there both about 4 or 5 inches i got them at adout 1 inch each last august chris..

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ya august 2006 i think they were only like 2nd instar i can,t wait till they get really big

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After hearing of Johannas ( a friend from the BTS site ) double mis fortune with Theraphosa molts this week I was dreading the upcoming molt of my T. blondi.
After playing with my band last night I came in to this site.

I tried to stay up to watch but with working the day after I decided to go to bed I got up at 2am and 5am and there was no change at all, so I feared the worse.

Then when I finally got up at 7am she was out, I could just about see into the hide to see her stood there.
When I got back from work this evening i found she had gotten rid of the molt so I wasa ble to retrieve it, too small to sex though.

These are the best pics I've been able to get so far, Im sure I'll be bale to get more once she comes out for a stretch and a stroll.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats on the successful molt! Whats its size now? Were you able to sex it?