Theraphosa blondi and X. immanis slings

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Well, I purchased 2 Theraphosa blondi slings about a month or so ago and while 1 molted ok the other did not and subsequently died today. They were kept the same exact way with the same temp, humidity, everything the same. Both were feeding like slobs when they first arrived. It was acting very strange over the past 2 days and I had a bad feeling about it. Well the worry is over, its dead. The molt came half off. No dehydration or anything like that. The humidity never falls below 90% and temps stay between 87 and 92. Now I have a feeling that my X. immanis sling is going to follow right behind it. That sling has eaten twice in the past month, and both times the cricket had to be killed. It will flick hairs at whatever is in its enclosure and go as far away from it as it can. The X, immanis molted almost 2 weeks ago. I cant say what I really want on here but I am a bit more then frustrated by this. I havent lost a T in what seems like forever. :evil:

Dexter

Arachnopeon
I heard these blondi's can have molting problems. Sucks man sorry 1 didn't make it.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your' loss. Hopefully your' other blondi gets to adulthood for you with little hassle. Or no hassle. ;)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im really sorry man...WE need to get them out of the "fragile" state, thatas why high temps, high humidity and powerfeeding is recomendable...

Sometimes it just happens..:(

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Im really sorry man...WE need to get them out of the "fragile" state, thatas why high temps, high humidity and powerfeeding is recomendable...

Sometimes it just happens..:(
Yea man it certainly does happen. Thanks for the condolences, lol. I have them as hot and humid as I think they could stand. Its seems to be the species in general. They either do really well or not well at all, no in between. Stinks too, I dont see anymore available on Pauls site. 1 T. blondi by itself is kinda useless to me.

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea man it certainly does happen. Thanks for the condolences, lol. I have them as hot and humid as I think they could stand. Its seems to be the species in general. They either do really well or not well at all, no in between. Stinks too, I dont see anymore available on Pauls site. 1 T. blondi by itself is kinda useless to me.
No SHE isn't useless don't worry :D.