The T that no one handled

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've seen picks of people holding pokies, Cobalt Blues, OBTs...

But is there a specie of T that none (of few) managed to handle? Steve Nunn handles Selenocosmia...:eek: is there any little monster left untouched?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For the "monsters" sake they should all be untouched IMO ;)

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
tarantulas ummmmm, i think because of the you-tube generation there isn't much left..even scorps such as AA's or LQ's have been braved to get the wow factor:eek: ....though i belive the true spiders arena has a few of the untouchables but sadly, i have heard where even some of them have been conquered for the sake of entertainment.......remember there are a few people out there that want to be the one that does it...:eek: no matter how ill-advised it might be:wall:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
But is there a specie of T that none (of few) managed to handle? Steve Nunn handles Selenocosmia...:eek: is there any little monster left untouched?
Not that I know of. Because with proper technique, knowledge, and a bit of daring, any species can safely be handled.

-Sean

Iggy22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Like, brown recluse? Anyone know anyone who has handled one? I know it's a true spider, not a t, but still...why take the risk of hurting your self or the spider?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Like, brown recluse? Anyone know anyone who has handled one? I know it's a true spider, not a t, but still...why take the risk of hurting your self or the spider?
hahaha, it's not like they're out to just bite people! the ones i had were really calm and i SERIOUSLY doubt they would have bitten if i let them cross my hand... but of course i never pick them up...:rolleyes:

Iggy22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hahaha, it's not like they're out to just bite people! the ones i had were really calm and i SERIOUSLY doubt they would have bitten if i let them cross my hand... but of course i never pick them up...:rolleyes:
Truuuuuuuue... All living things never react the same in the same situation, though. Why take the chance? Personally, I would just let them do their thing and leave it at that. It gets all the affection it needs by my feeding it!

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
At last year's acon, I did. Not by choice, though. I'll be a bit braver this year ;).

Sicarius ssp. are one group I'll never touch.

I handle wasps on a regular basis.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:eek: i will not hold any ( t ) never have never will i am just a wuss :8o :8o :8o :8o phil :eek:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The japanese giant hornets have a sting which is supposed to quite literally melt flesh.
Not quite, AFAIK, but it's still nasty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet#Sting :eek:

EDIT: And check how the Japanese bees have learned to take them out.

"When a hornet scout locates a Japanese honey bee hive and approaches the nest, the scout will emit specific pheromonal hunting signals. When the honey bees detect these pheromones, a hundred or so will gather near the entrance of the nest and keep it open, apparently to draw the hornet further into the hive or allow it to enter on its own. As the hornet enters the nest, a large mob of about five hundred honey bees surround the hornet, completely covering it and preventing it from moving, and begin quickly vibrating their flight muscles. This has the effect of raising the temperature of the honey bee mass to 47 °C (117 °F). Though the honey bees can narrowly tolerate such a temperature, it is fatal to the intruder, which can handle a maximum temperature of about 45 °C (113 °F), and is effectively baked to death by the large mass of vibrating bees. Often several bees perish along with the intruder in this way, sacrificing themselves for the survival of the colony."

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Some have a uncontrolled urge to touch their animals no matter what and sometimes we others have to deal with the aftermath in form of headlines in the newspapers. So no, I dont think theres any terrarium animal species on this earth that havent been harrassed by their owner.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I handled a brown recluse 2 weeks ago. Or maybe I should say it handled me. I was at work and reached into an old coffee cup I keep hard candy in to get a piece. I picked up a piece of candy and a very large brown recluse. It ran across my hand and took off across my desk. Totally freaked me out as I was not expecting to be "handling" anything. Caught the little guy and put it outside. No harm done.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Since we're on the subject, anybody ever deliberately handled or know of someone who's handled widows? How'z about Sydney Funnel Webs? Live grenades?

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My question is, what's the point? Why handle a T, or a spider, or whatever, unless it's in trouble or needs help? It's not like they need affection, or desire to be near thier owners.....we're not talking about dogs and cats here. As far as handling goes from the T's point of view, we are little more than a moving obstical for them to crawl on. Why risk getting bit, or hurting the animal? IMO this is unnecissary and only gratifying to the owner, so why do it?

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Since we're on the subject, anybody ever deliberately handled or know of someone who's handled widows? How'z about Sydney Funnel Webs? Live grenades?
A guy on another forum i go on handles all his trues i believe. Widows, recluses everything!