The Story Behind Your Username

hypnotic pets

Arachnopeon
When I was first starting my pet store my friends would just come to my house and stare at every thing like they were in a daze. So I thought the name was fitting since my animals put people in a trance.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
LoLoLoL, I can't tell you how many people have read it as Testicle on first glance. I've used this several places, & it's come up every time...
How's your day going Testicle Toast? :lol:. Hey, Westicles isn't much better is it?

Finikan might be a norwegian fish.

After I dumped my ex, he posted that he had "helped finikan with her" T's and had just picked up his first, an OBT.
I have just recently found that thread, and saw that @viper69 commented that I may be a norwegian fish. And I enjoyed it. My 20 year old username finally has meaning.
Thanks man!
Sure it doesn't mean awesome dreads?

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I was wondering when you were going to show up...did I miss your origin story on these pages?
You may have to scroll back a few pages, but it's there somewhere. Its basically just an old nickname, a play on Wes, my real name!

notasockgal

Arachnopeon
Been a while since we had a topic worthy of a Welcome To Arachnoboards thread. Special thanks to @Arthroverts for suggesting this topic.

Since the dark ages of Usenet & BBS, through the renaissance period of AOL & Yahoo, to the current times of Forums & Social Media, creating an online persona has been a time honored tradition. For some, there is no more exciting and/or anxiety inducing feeling than clicking that register button and having to create a username. There's no comparing, to anything else in the world, the euphoric moment when you come up with what you think is the perfect name to use or the existential dread deep in your soul when you draw a complete blank .

Please take a moment and share with us The Story Behind Your Username. :)

Regards,
The Arachnoboards Team

Additional note 6/20/20: Apparently, unknown to some of us, a thread with the same topic has been going on in our off topic forum "The Watering Hole" since May of 2018. We would like to take a moment to give credit where credit is due to the original starter of that thread: @Greasylake

If you would like to read the original thread and you have Watering Hole access (more info on that here), here's a link to it: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/where-did-your-screen-names-come-from.307276/
I just simply don't like socks.

slayerofgoliath86

Arachnopeon
Well guess mine is the easiest to explain lol

my name is David and I’m a Christian hence the name slayer of Goliath followed by my date of birth

I do also go by the name of mydark passenger on TikTok

Moyzie

Arachnosquire
Straight and to the point!
No point in beating around the bush (no pun intended)

Well guess mine is the easiest to explain lol

my name is David and I’m a Christian hence the name slayer of Goliath followed by my date of birth

I do also go by the name of mydark passenger on TikTok
According to the universe of Harry Potter, Goliath is actually a half giant due to only being 9ft 9inches.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Late to this n not very imaginative my name is Charlie n I am a mum ...🤣🤣🤣 I like to keep things simple 🤷‍♀️

MarkJ

Arachnosquire
Well my username all started when my Dad winked at my Mom at some social event, they ended up getting married and bestowed my username upon me about two years later...:D

byakuya

Arachnopeon
hey. i named my character after an arachnocentric charcter from the fighting game 'Under Night In-Birth EXE: CL-r.'

Attachments

sobakakhleb

Arachnopeon
My user name actually means dog bread in Russian. Like actually. I wanted poodle bread but that's too weird. No, i'm not Russian. Don't ask

Palearctic Buthidae

Arachnopeon
My user name actually means dog bread in Russian. Like actually. I wanted poodle bread but that's too weird. No, i'm not Russian. Don't ask
"Dog bread"? And why in Russian? Here, as far as I know, there is no such expression. Dogs rarely eat bread. There are expressions here, for example, “dog weather”, or “dog life”, is used in the meaning of “bad”, that is, “cold” or “rainy” weather or “poor living conditions”.

sobakakhleb

Arachnopeon
"Dog bread"? And why in Russian? Here, as far as I know, there is no such expression. Dogs rarely eat bread. There are expressions here, for example, “dog weather”, or “dog life”, is used in the meaning of “bad”, that is, “cold” or “rainy” weather or “poor living conditions”.
I don't know why i chose Russian. Honestly. And it's not a phrase. It's two words. But yeah, it is kinda weird.

Recluso

Arachnopeon
Oh I like this game :D

My full "title" is Dr Recluso. A nickname that came about when I was at university many moons ago. I was going through a bit of a bad spot with my health and as a result, barely left my room. In fact, I became completely nocturnal. However, my amazing housemates would come and check on me and whenever they knocked on my door, I would tell them to come in and swing around in my computer chair to greet them. My massive, leather computer chair that one of them felt make me look like a Bond villain, minus the cat. As a result, they affectionately referred to me as Dr Recluso. Over time, I've continued using variants of that name because even now, it still suits me down to the ground.

CutThroat Kid

Arachnoknight
I had thyroid cancer when I was a 16-year-old kid and had to have two surgeries leaving me with a scar across my throat.

I also release trip-hop style beats and other genres of music under the name, search it up in Spotify or Soundcloud or wherever else!