The Story Behind Your Username

TofuTheJumper

Arachnopeon
I just made up a new name for this forum. I just got my first jumper at the beginning of this month. November fourth to be exact. Her name is Tofu and she is a Phiddipus Regius. I have a picture of her as my pfp as well. So that's where that came from. For anything else I usually use Mysricxs, which people hardly know how to pronounce. I took the word Mystical and just messed around with it until it became Mysricxs and that's my user for everything :)

Pedipalpable

Arachnosquire
No real story behind my username. Just a word play I came up with. It was the first and only decent username I could think of since I wanted my username to be arachnid-themed since I am quite fond of arachnids. Sometimes, you only get one good idea and either have to stick with it or spend a long time trying to think of something better. So I just stuck with it.

Clover Arms

Arachnopeon
I'm into all things firearms... like target shooting, ballistics calculations,
loading and re-loading bullets, gunsmithing, long range, collecting, etc.

Clover is term to describe a shot group, where all the bullet holes touch
one another. When I'm making bullets to determine the pet load for a
particular rifle, I won't accept anything less than a 5 shot group clover at
100yrds to be satisfied with the load data.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Mine is how the neighbours refer to me...and often avoid me 🤣

Valid point TBF as I have nearly 300 in my converted garage atm so can be a bit overwhelming for some. But equally a source of interest for many others so all balances out in the end 😊

ScorpionEvo687

Arachnoknight
Scorpion Evo is the name of a sub machine gun and I love scorpions (the animal) and thought it was a cool name and then 687 was the punch number at my former job. That pretty well sums it up.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
My username is a Zoid.

Never heard of a zoid before? You're not alone haha. Although very popular inJapan, Zoids never really developed in the US. Zoids (went by other names as well) is a comic/manga that eventually turned into a TV series dating way back to the 80s. Possibly even earlier in Japan. A zoid is a fictional mechanical lifeform normally in the form of an animal/creature.Tomy, a Japanese company, manufacturer tons of model kits you could build. When I was growing up I was obsessed with the them.

So what is a Gurantula?

It's a spider type zoid from one of the original series back in the 80s. That's how I got my username.

Here is a pic of my model :) I'm a nerd haha

View attachment 349659
Zoids was amazing

Mine is pretty lame. I was like 15 or 16 and had just aquired several Blaberus giganteus pairs at a time when I was being told they were extremely difficult to breed. Within a month or so I had babies and my adults continued producing for me consistently. I was proud of my accomplishments at that point and had just caught my first T (Aphonopelma eutylenum) and was immediately hooked and hopped on here. So since no one really knows or uses my middle name I figured my middle name and my firs successful breeding project would make a good username. Now I want to change it lmao

Last edited:

ophidioph0bia

Arachnopeon
i used to really really like snakes. ophidiophobia is the fear of snakes. but i popped a zero in in case its taken anywhere. sometimes i go with ophidioph08ia with an 8 added in too if its taken with just the zero

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
C - Initial of my first name.
mac - First part of my second name (MacLeod).
2111 - I picked some random numbers for an Xbox gamertag back in the day.

Yeah that's it... pretty damn boring eh?

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
C - Initial of my first name.
mac - First part of my second name (MacLeod).
2111 - I picked some random numbers for an Xbox gamertag back in the day.

Yeah that's it... pretty damn boring eh?
Not as boring as Westicles. My nickname from my childhood. Nothing more than a play on words of Wes, my actual name! Lol!

ThiefOfDreams

Arachnopeon
‘Thief of Dreams’ has been my pen name since I started writing poetry in 1992 at the age of 13. I wanted something a little dark and a little mysterious that could be left up to interpretation. It ended up following me across multiple forums and socials and today if someone screams for me in a panic I prefer they use it over my actual name. Unless of course there are officers nearby who may not know me...

IvanOoze

Arachnopeon
Ivan Ooze, if you ever saw the original mighty morphing power rangers in the mid 90's. My first Villain i witnessed as a kid and i think its why i grew to love horror and everything "creepy". My first evil love if you will.

IceFox

Arachnopeon
My username is kind of boring compared to the rest I have seen. Mine is a combination of my last name's (maiden and married). I used to be a Fox now I'm an Icenhower. I just combined the two and made IceFox!

Sir Aculeus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heh... it's fun reading how everyone chose their forum handle :D

I've always enjoyed learning about arachnids, insects, and reptiles. But scorpions are my favorite and have been in the hobby for a long time so I decided to knight myself haha. Aculeus is the tip of the telson (the actual stinger). Hence "Sir Aculeus".

1690046291337.png

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Not as boring as Westicles. My nickname from my childhood. Nothing more than a play on words of Wes, my actual name! Lol!
OMG I just realized your name was Westicles like with Hercules... this entire time I thought it was a play on another word ending in esticles. 😭

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
OMG I just realized your name was Westicles like with Hercules... this entire time I thought it was a play on another word ending in esticles. 😭
It's actually either or. Most of my friends and co-workers say it like testicles. Some put the Greek spin on it and say westiclees. But either way, a friend of mine started calling me that probably 20 or so yrs ago! Lol

Veno Manus

Arachnobaron
I was going through depression and I couldn't find an outlet worth the time I wanted to spend on something. I had pushed a lot of my hobbies and love aside. I had a lot of negitive thoughts and just overall anxiety about everything. Me and the wife one day decided to go to the local reptile event and I walked passed a booth with loads of scorpions. I've been a keeper for over 6 years about and I saw 1 particularly nice looking lady on the table named Leiurus quinquestriatus, and then on started my journey into keeping more and more venomous creatures. The anxiety felt like venom running through as it felt like there was nothing I could do to save myself and after I had bought and kept the Deathstalker things started changing in me and I felt more ironically calmer. I had battled with the feeling of not being manly enough or not doing enough for the wife and people around me and I felt broken and defeated. I came here after a while and had learn two things that where the most deadliest in my life needed to come together hence the name " VENO-MANUS ".