The Story Behind Your Username

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was 14 and my rebellious self expression forms of choice were anime and furries. Then I ended up keeping it even after I got out of the furry scene because at that point about 15 sites had me as Starlight_kitsune on them and I didn't want to change it. So... now I'm 30 with the hold over from my cringe teen years lol. Most of the time I don't even think about how it started. I even have newer accounts where I use it as my username still.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I was 14 and my rebellious self expression forms of choice were anime and furries. Then I ended up keeping it even after I got out of the furry scene because at that point about 15 sites had me as Starlight_kitsune on them and I didn't want to change it. So... now I'm 30 with the hold over from my cringe teen years lol. Most of the time I don't even think about how it started. I even have newer accounts where I use it as my username still.
yeesh, I’m happy I’m not like that at 14

Filthywhite

Arachnopeon
Day one World of Warcraft player here. I have since retired my characters but out of them all, Filthywhite was my favorite. The paladin, a beacon of holy light and typically covered in brilliant white and gold armor. I settled for the more tarnished and broken armor and I wanted a name to fit. Filthywhite was born and I’ve had that username ever since. 😅

jc55

Arachnoknight
My initials of my name and my age at the time since i hate coming up with names for any site that requires them,lol.

Solstra

Arachnopeon
I've used Solstra for years, it's Solstråle in full length but I've always felt that Sol/Solstra suits me better on a personal level.
It's been my handle and my artist signature since I was 16.

Weightsandwebs

Arachnopeon
Most times when I try to make user names it's always already used so I decided to just go with my two favorite things I lift weights daily and I check in on or tend to my tarantulas daily and also let any spiders that get in the house have free roam so there's webs in most corners or near the ceiling.

brachysaurus

Arachnopeon
I'm a simple individual and would like to own a Brachypelma hamorii someday. (though I do adore the genus in general)

Also, I tried to be sort of creative as well as use a username I don't use with my main internet presence.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Play on my last name with a little flair of leet speak to reflect my interest in programming.

Accepted

Arachnopeon
An old, old email of mine used to be "accepted_inthe_beloved." When I started playing online games, that name was too long so I just started using "accepted" as a username.

Sometimes people would even shorten that and I was given the nickname "Accie," but I chose to use Accepted here.

wrench466

Arachnopeon
My username comes from..well, my name! My name is Wrench, after the character from WatchDogs 2! I added 466 at the end because uhh..i like that string of numbers hahah! Pretty boring one, but thats all there really is to it!

Pmaranda

Arachnopeon
Normally I have pretty deep meaning behind my usernames but after lurking for a long time on here and needing help identifying a spider I finally moved past my anxiety and impulsively made an account. Anyhow mine isn't that interesting but Poecilotheria Miranda has a similar personality(shy, shy eater etc). So I decided on that on a quick whim. 🤷

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My name is Wes, and friends from way back when started calling me Westicles. It stuck, and people still call me that!

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
I’ve had a lot of people from all over say I remind them of/look like Grigori Rasputin which is how my internet handle came to be

Last edited:

neens

Arachnopeon
My nickname in real life. Childhood friend came up with it, hated it at first but it stuck, lol

Thane1616

Arachnosquire
Thane is my middle name but it is also the name of a noble land owner in scottland during medieval times. Most people just think its a reference to skyrim sadly lol