The Story Behind Your Username

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
So i don’t like my username but its pretty obvious how it came to be. i love spiders. spider.. queen? tried spiderqueen, but it was taken. i don’t like to put numbers at the end, so i added xx to each side. and thus, XxSpiderQueenxX was born

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
This is a cool thread, all y’all’s names with stories are cool as heck.

During the era of Call of Duty 4, I had joined a sniping clan that required us to change our name to “Enigma ____”, the blank being the name of a Greek or Roman mythological God/Goddess/Titan etc.

I chose Nyx, who is actually goddess of death, fear, and darkness. Married to Hades.

I stuck with it ever since. I’ve shortened it on most platforms to just “Nyx”, but when a longer name is required I just put Enigma right back in front.

ThatOneGuyInAus

Arachnopeon
It was originally gonna be ThatOneGuy but it was already taken, so on the end, I just put in where I'm from. I wanted it to be that one guy cus it didn't give much away aaaaaaaaand I happen to be a stalker sooooooooooo yeah. Also, I was into creating a youtube account at the time and ThatOneGuy was gonna be my account name but I quit so don't bother searching it up. I am also not that happy with it so it might be changed but not in the near future.

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
I originally went by Alma - just a portion of my last name.

In 2007, I was in a gaming clan called Dog Soldiers, formed by a bunch of older gents who played some war simulation game, Kuma I think it was called.
My group specifically played a free to play shooter from Korea called A.V.A. (I think it's still around but it's pretty cringy looking now).
People thought I was either a girl or thought my name came from the FEAR game franchise.

Clan members started referring to me as "the best" whenever I'd mess up.
Almadabes was born. Some of my dead accounts still carry my clan tag - AlmaDSC

Last edited:

tarymst

Arachnopeon
i got tired of a website (can't remember which it was) rejecting my username suggestions ~10 years ago, so i basically just pounded the keyboard in anger and this came up lol

edit: oh it was AOL instant messenger! way back when

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
When I was younger I used to paint surfboards for a major shaper. I used to paint the quivers for lots of the top pros and had my paint jobs grace the covers of numerous surf magazines. The grommets (young suffers) gave me the nickname mostly
because it sounded like Bat Man.

Myepicgarden

Arachnopeon
some years ago I started gardening. I ended up building a food forest, then another, and now my wife and I are making a third much larger one. My gardens are nothing short of epic. I'm excited to be working on such a large garden now. :) The type of gardens I build bring in a lot of life, so naturally my interest in insects and such has been growing. We see a lot of different kinds of insects and spiders. I caught my first collection of isopods in the garden.

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
Mine came from my online gamer tag. The story behind that? My other half's GT was "Darth Chimp", and mine before was "Bettie Rage".

We got engaged and decided to be super lame and match our tags since our first date was playing Diablo 3, and we're both avid gamers.
"Mr and Mrs Chimp" was too boring, so we fancied ourselves up a bit and added "Lord and Lady" on, added the "Von" and kept his online surname "Chimp" 😂

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
This is a cool thread, all y’all’s names with stories are cool as heck.

During the era of Call of Duty 4, I had joined a sniping clan that required us to change our name to “Enigma ____”, the blank being the name of a Greek or Roman mythological God/Goddess/Titan etc.

I chose Nyx, who is actually goddess of death, fear, and darkness. Married to Hades.

I stuck with it ever since. I’ve shortened it on most platforms to just “Nyx”, but when a longer name is required I just put Enigma right back in front.
Isn’t Persephone Hades wife? And Nyx was married to Erebus? That’s a funny story though!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Isn’t Persephone Hades wife? And Nyx was married to Erebus? That’s a funny story though!
I concur on your notes. Persephone is with Hades half the year, the other half with her mother Demeter. Nyx (Chaos) married to Erebus (Darkness) Nyx and Erebus would be a good Metal Band Name

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I concur on your notes. Persephone is with Hades half the year, the other half with her mother Demeter. Nyx (Chaos) married to Erebus (Darkness) Nyx and Erebus would be a good Metal Band Name
Forgot about the Demeter thing haha.

Hamahakki

Arachnopeon
mine comes from hämähäkki , which simply means spider in finnish. My best friend is finnish, and we call eachother siblings, so my brother gave me this name. I've always loved spiders!

AButteredSpider17

Arachnopeon
The story behind my username is a hilarious historical fact. In Tudor times, doctors used buttered spiders as a remedy for asthma and other respiratory issues. Delicious, right??. I'm very grateful for modern medicine because who would want to eat ( raw) buttered spiders???

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
troi is my name. the two c’s are my middle and last name initials

ChiefinOnSomeSkunk

Arachnopeon
My name "ChiefinOnSomeSkunk" originally came from a soundcloud song by the artist DJ Sacred. The song name is S.K.U.N.K. and the 90's memphis rap artist sample proceeds to keep repeating "Chiefing on some <edit> skunk". It soon then became my Steam name and eventually when I signed up on arachnoboards I decided it would be my name here as well.

Last edited by a moderator: