The question(s) you get asked the most

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"You're Crazy! Why Do you Keep Those? did you know that you can die from a bite?" .......... really really drives me up the wall :wall:

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Getting asked if it's poisonous drives me up the wall.

Then the whole pet rock thing. Why doesn't it move? I always answer with it doesn't feel like it, it's lounging.

The worst question that I got, in the sense that it pissed me off was; "Why tarantulas?" And the tone was kind of like, you know that's useless, so why are you doing it? My reply was this; "Why do you have a cat or dog? They stink, poop everywhere, are noisy, take up a whole lot of room, and you buy expensive dog food for it, not to mention all those pricey shots you must get for them, oh and did you pay your canine license yet?

I have a dog and love him to death, so don't go saying I'm being mean to dog owners. =D

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh jeez! I get the same ignorant 'facts' more than questions..."Did you know you can die from a bite!?"....oh man..lol. Perhaps if your RIDICULOUSLY allergic and have been bitten by some super-OW mutant T then MAYBE...

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
The ones I get the most are:

1. Are they poisonous?

2. How many do you have?

3. So do you keep them all in the same cage? (usually asked right after question #2)

4. What do you feed them?

5. Have you ever been bitten?

6. Do you ever take them out? (meaning hold them)

7. So do they like the dark? (after seeing the closet I keep them in)

8. Do you sell them?

Those are the most common questions I get asked. :)

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"have you even been bit?"
"what do you feed them?"
"are they all in the same tank?"
"do you handle them?"
"what are their names?"

i don't really get the 'stupid' questions, but a sorta slow girl once asked me if i race them.

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Going beyond the usual questions I've dealt with over the years, the big one that people are in shock by is my answers to the question "How much did you pay for that thing?" and any number over $10 is nutsville to them. I usually decide not to get into the fact that I have several expensive tarantulas. I think the all time best question I got was from my stepdad though..."Do you want me to come over and kill them for ya?" :?

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think I gave him a courtesy laugh followed by a "like hell you will" response.

Last edited:

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow... it's amazing how naive some people can be... wait, never mind, it's not amazing...

People are always afraid of what's different. I suppose it takes a special type of person to appreciate Tarantulas in all their mystic glory. Their Tarantula walk... to their tarantula grooming habits. They look so cute when they eat! ^__^

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it really is sad that so many people won't even give them a chance.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I think its so funny to tell teen guys that are like, 'If one of those come near me I'll smash it!', and I just reply, "go ahead and try, see what happens"{D.

-Sean

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i get from girls :eek: keep it away from me just get it away ( and i do mean the - t.s. lol ) from guys its yes i had one of them when i was a kid and i would run around with it scaring my sisters :eek: :? :? then play with it ( the -t.s. ) and just put it back in its tank when mum and dad got in --- what can i say :? :? :( :( :wall: :wall: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: === phil
haha i get that alot from girls.. but some guys too.. but they frist try to act like they are not scared then i take out my g. rosea and they scream like the girls... but I do know lots for girls that are not scared of my Ts they just don't know about them haha i started all my friends into loving ts.. so now they hold them and say there cute.. one of my friends is crazy tho when ever she sees my G. rosea she says "aww cute kitty!" {D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If I tell anyone I have tarantulas the first response is always, "Oh, my God, you mean, with you?" Like I'm going to start pulling T's out of my pockets, purse and hair. (I have started carrying a plastic one with me for these occasions) The next thing is, "Where do they live? Are they just loose in your house?" No, you morons, my house is not a free range tarantula ranch! If it was either my cats or dogs would kill or get hurt by them, not to mention my snakes since you think all of my animals should just roam at will! I wouldn't have any at all for very long in that case! Sorry. Venting. I usually have to explain to the idiots that you have to keep a T in a small enclosure for its safety and so it can locate food and water. Then of course, there is the classic, "What do you feed them? Other spiders?"

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mina, tarantulas are this season's hottest accessory, didn't you know! I, for one, always keep one in my purse :p

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Nothing against the men on this site, but in my everyday life, definitely more boys are freaked out by my Ts than girls. No joke! :rolleyes: It's so funny since most guys try to act all tough then act like little sissies when they see or hear about my spiders. xD