The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

basin79

ArachnoGod
People who watch a lot of tarantula you tube vids have one thing in common.....

Not enough tarantulas.:bored:
Wouldn't matter if I had 100 tarantulas. I'd still have to watch Tom Moran's M.balfouri communal vids. They're absolutely brilliant.

Ant

Arachnopeon
1. The Dark Den
2. The Dark Den
3. The Dark Den

(In that order lol)

I fully agree with pronouncing species names in his accent! Such a fantastic channel. Fun, informative and at the end of the day, he doesn't pretend to be an expert.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Brian Barczyk is a complete fool. He does not know much at all. And misrepresents anything that isn't a large python or a corn snake. And I won't even start on his venomous snake "knowledge/experience". He is an utter joke with seasoned snake veterans.
Brain Barczyk is the reason I'm working with animals so closely. He is by far my idol, and I disagree with your opinion of him. I cant even begin to describe how much of a role model he has been for me, and my own specialty pet shop is in the works because of him. That, and my town is lacking in pet stores as we only have one petsmart that i hate. Brian Barczyk is 1000% the reason I even started with tarantulas, (he helped me stay passionate about doing what I love) though i learned what I know about T's from Arachnoboards. One day I hope to work with snakes and other reptiles like him, im just starting with Tarantulas. Not only does he create a feeling of happiness and raw passion towards all living creatures, but he has helped me stay positive and push through my anxieties, and come above my depressed state of mind to become something better than who I was.

If you dont think Brian is so great, that's fine. There are a lot of people who are biased on who's the best but in reality: no ones the best.
Brian does what he loves and has the knowledge to care for all of /his/ thousands of animals, and as long as Brian and his animals are happy, thats all that should matter.

One day i will get to meet him and thank him for all hes done for me and the rest of his viewers.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Brain Barczyk is the reason I'm working with animals so closely. He is by far my idol, and I disagree with your opinion of him. I cant even begin to describe how much of a role model he has been for me, and my own specialty pet shop is in the works because of him. That, and my town is lacking in pet stores as we only have one petsmart that i hate. Brian Barczyk is 1000% the reason I even started with tarantulas, (he helped me stay passionate about doing what I love) though i learned what I know about T's from Arachnoboards. One day I hope to work with snakes and other reptiles like him, im just starting with Tarantulas. Not only does he create a feeling of happiness and raw passion towards all living creatures, but he has helped me stay positive and push through my anxieties, and come above my depressed state of mind to become something better than who I was.

If you dont think Brian is so great, that's fine. There are a lot of people who are biased on who's the best but in reality: no ones the best.
Brian does what he loves and has the knowledge to care for all of /his/ thousands of animals, and as long as Brian and his animals are happy, thats all that should matter.

One day i will get to meet him and thank him for all hes done for me and the rest of his viewers.

Brian is an absolute weapon of the highest order. It's a shame so many do look up to him and defend his practices.

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Jon3800 = 100% informative. great content. genuine love and respect for the animals he keeps translates as well. learned alot from him. Sidenote : Can we chip in and get him a camera set up please lol?
dude just needs to stop purchasing more T's and lawn equipment for that new camera set up. I like his stuff but i watch for entertainment...not necessarily for information on how to keep etc, which is almost true for all youtubers in the hobby imo. A select few do give some good sound info though.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Brian is an absolute weapon of the highest order. It's a shame so many do look up to him and defend his practices.
Sticks and stones, friend. He reminds us every day to be positive and chase our dreams. I have a good thing going for me now and even though he doesn't even know I exist (I'm only a drop in an ocean of 900,000+ subscribers) I have him to thank for the inspiration that helped me overcome depression and move forward and be successful.
I see zero reason why so many people would disagree. Following your dreams is a good thing.

EmilzHernandez

Arachnosquire
Sticks and stones, friend. He reminds us every day to be positive and chase our dreams. I have a good thing going for me now and even though he doesn't even know I exist (I'm only a drop in an ocean of 900,000+ subscribers) I have him to thank for the inspiration that helped me overcome depression and move forward and be successful.
I see zero reason why so many people would disagree. Following your dreams is a good thing.
Besides the fact that he has left some of his snakes in absolutely hellish shape, he’s violently threatened people and there was a recent leak of his phone that revealed some serious violations of his coworkers.

basin79

ArachnoGod
The disagree wasn't against you following your dreams. It was against that weapon being thought of as a good reptile keeper.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Besides the fact that he has left some of his snakes in absolutely hellish shape, he’s violently threatened people and there was a recent leak of his phone that revealed some serious violations of his coworkers.
Please.. tell me more? Where did you get this information? Links? What do you mean violently threatened.. I feel like a kid that just got told santa isn't real. Please elaborate :depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I like jon3800 more than dark den. He can take criticism very well. And I respect that.

Dark den is the opposite.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Please.. tell me more? Where did you get this information? Links? What do you mean violently threatened.. I feel like a kid that just got told santa isn't real. Please elaborate :depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed:
I used to watch Brian's vids. I stopped a while ago, his videos became a bit repetitive imo (to be expected of most daily vloggers though). However he has done and said some pretty shady stuff, like how he justifies keeping retics and burms in small tubs because they prefer enclosed spaces. In reality they don't prefer enclosed spaces, they have few if any natural predators as adults and constantly roam large areas in the wild and require very large enclosures in captivity.

He also keeps an American alligator in a kiddy pool, this is unacceptable as they are highly intelligent and active animals. They pretty much need a room-sized enclosure at minimum even if not fully grown

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
The disagree wasn't against you following your dreams. It was against that weapon being thought of as a good reptile keeper.
Would you tell me anything you actually know that he's done wrong
I used to watch Brian's vids. I stopped a while ago, his videos became a bit repetitive imo (to be expected of most daily vloggers though). However he has done and said some pretty shady stuff, like how he justifies keeping retics and burms in small tubs because they prefer enclosed spaces. In reality they don't prefer enclosed spaces, they have few if any natural predators as adults and constantly roam large areas in the wild and require very large enclosures in captivity.

He also keeps an American alligator in a kiddy pool, this is unacceptable as they are highly intelligent and active animals. They pretty much need a room-sized enclosure at minimum even if not fully grown
He has built a new enclosure for his alligator. Lol

basin79

ArachnoGod
Would you tell me anything you actually know that he's done wrong

He has built a new enclosure for his alligator. Lol
Just pick a random youtube video of his. Pretty much any.

At least the likes of Bob Clark actually admit they're just in it for the money.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Just pick a random youtube video of his. Pretty much any.

At least the likes of Bob Clark actually admit they're just in it for the money.
It never starts out that way, eventually you have to start making money to continue and it does become less about the animals and more about money. I really do hope he is genuinely in it for the love of animals and not only money.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
May I Pm an email to you ? In very interested in proof
It should probably be stated that whatever has happened in his life doesn't necessarily undermine the positives you've taken from him. You should follow your dreams, and if watching him has pulled you through tough times, that is a wonderful thing.

Don't let allegations against him, even ones with strong evidence, take that benefit away from you. The message often supercedes the individual.