The least desireable species...

Drakk

Arachnosquire
Pet holes of all kinda kinda put me off...i like to see the T some of the major web makers too.
Do like my avics tho....oddly enough.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I really love the Rosies.... Hm.

I don't think I'd want anything too vicious. I do love my OBT though. :D

TrentinG

Arachnopeon
I dont find G roseas or most Aphonopelmas to be very interesting. However, my A. Hentzi has tried to bite me more than any other of my T's so it makes up for his lack of color ;P

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I cant see me owning any burrowers in the near future. I like to be able to look into the tank and make sure my spider hasnt escaped.

Im also not a big fan of brown Ts. The only reason I can ever see me owning one is if it is docile or a once in a lifetime deal for some rare T.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
For me i think Theraphosa genus is one i wouldn't own for several reasons the main being as someone said earlier the molt issues i hate watching my T's molt cause i'm paranoid they'll get stuck and die or something so something that would be prone to it would be ever more scary. Plus i've heard they have some of the worst U hairs and i had to get rid of my kickiest LP because it's U hairs gave me hives and it haired me constantly. Borrowers are another i'm not into it would annoy me i think

Unravel

Arachnosquire
im surprised at all the responses saying they dont want their blondis/stirmis.. i love em! molt issues aside having something so (generally) evil and humongous is really cool. I almost like mine more than my p metallica :/

anyway, least favorite has gotta be the curly hair for me..

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
I have to go with Theraphosa sp. They look really rough, I don't find them nice to look at, and I have issues with hairs of other species already. I actually don't mind my pet holes that much because it's really fun when they do come out to grab prey. :) I usually just go in the pet room with a flashlight to catch the Haplopelmas or L. violaceopes out of hiding.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I have two that are tied with being most unappealing - Aphoneplema & Aviculara - I know people are gonna jump on me about it, but they just don't do it for me, sorry.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
S. calceatum. It always looks like an MM pokie regardless of size or sex.

LadyofSorrows

Arachnopeon
As some of the other ppl have said, it's T. blondi for me. The only cool thing about them is their huge size, but they really can't compete with L. parahybana, which reach huge sizes and make better pets.

But this is just my opinion, I hope not to offend anyone. :)

P.S. I love both Brachypelma and Aphonopelma!

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
You guys not keeping Haplopelma because you cant see them often should try lowering the ventilation in your enclosures. I see my Haplopelma everyday when the lights are down.

Also keep them in a low traffic zone.

Same thing goes for some of the other burrowers.

As for which species I don't like keeping, right now I like them all.(If I haven't posted here already). :}

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just don't like the same species that I once did. Anything Haplopelma sp. goes on my 'don't want' list. I just get so sick of pet holes. I have had so many situations over the years of me trying to dig out a pet hole because I was unsure if it was still alive, only to find an angry T ready to eat my face off.

But I do miss that beautiful blue in H. lividum. It was so intense at times when they would come out and you get them in the right light, that used to just amaze me how something so dull could turn so vibrant in the right light. They truly look electric if you get em right :)

Then again I guess WC T's make my list as well. I've learned to ask more questions about what I am buying, and generally am much more picky about who I purchase from compared to what I once was. If it is WC I am gonna pass every time now. I am not too impatient to buy a sling and grow them out. I am far from having any kind of admirable qualities, but I have some mad patience when it comes to the right genus, especially those Brachypelma sp. :drool:

I am STILL sitting on my B. smithi and B. emilia slings I bought years back. I was going to sell them but after you sit on them for awhile its hard to get rid of them. All that time! All those crickets! I cannot possibly get rid of my Brachypelma... ;-)

Okay...starting to ramble...

I part with a couple picks of Lucifer my H. lividum female I used to have.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alot of the so called "Brown Spiders" may not be appealing to the eyes but, the majority of the tarantula species are in fact "Brown Spiders".

Aphonopelma hentzi has to be one on my "least desirable" list due to them being so common but, I have owned several.

I never would not own any tarantula but, that's how I feel on the matter and just my opinion.

Thehat222

Arachnopeon
I dont think there is a T that I don't like. I mean, my first 3 tarantulas are like the two most hated species talked about on here, Rosies and OBT's!
I like them all, with the exception of the dwarfs though c. elegans are kinda cute with their little heart butts but I like T's because they're big fuzzy spiders so I don't really see the point in getting a T that is small and not very fuzzy.
All my avics die.
But I'm gunna keep trying...
damn humidity levels...and wet molts... So...I dislike Avics and dwarfs I guess but I'm not going to keep them out of my collection or anything.

uninterested

Arachnopeon
My Gorgyrella sp. was pretty cool for the first 2 days I had it... then it created its burrow and instead of having a pet hole, I don't even have that... I have a pet hole with a trapdoor covering it up :p

Smaughunter

Arachnopeon
Interesting topic. I would be willing to care for any species, if the individual had dire need of it. If someone came to my door with a T and asked that I please take this spider..I would take it, no matter what it was. However some species I would not seek to acquire.

Thereposa spp. Because of their delicate health and severe urticating bristles. These tarantulas do have a certain beauty to them but I do not find them so beautiful that the benefits of caring for them outweigh the negatives.

King Baboons: I just don't find them very attractive to my eye, and if I was to care for a T I wouldn't see to often I would want it to be spectacular when I did see it.

rcarr

Arachnopeon
t. blondi

I have to say T. blondi. I can see what other people like about them, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I think it's the U hairs that's keeping me away. U hairs and all the molt problems I've read about.

My P. regalis isn't holding my interest like my Brachys and Africans. I may try a different pookie later, but I don't think I'll be getting another regalis once I part with mine.
Amen, the hairs on my t. Blondi felt like a hundred fireants stinging!

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
s calceatum...i heard theyre so nasty, one was indicted with OJ back in the 90's but also released on a technicality