That was real nice of you ~sigh~

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I had this MM Ornata in with the female for a day, went & checked on them....found a sperm web and they were paring up...went to get something to eat came back & I guess she decided to get something to eat to.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nothing like a man-snack to brighten up a lady spider's day.
2nd one she ate this week!!! The other one waas so old he could barely walk so I figured that might happen...but this guy was big and fresh.....sucks!!:mad:

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That female P. ornata means business. At least she's pretty. :)

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good luck on getting another egg sack, Rob. You seem to have pokie enclosure's down to a science and are having great success with breeding. I'm sure this time will be no different.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
rob this is matthew from rome ny. here is my p. ornata. sorry your male got killed. take a look at this one that i would like to trade with you but worried about its well being in the mail.
Express will be a must with this girl, when did she last molt and eat, she is a pretty girl!:D

maybe2243

Arachnopeon
molt and eating

last time she ate was just one cricket 6 weeks ago since then she has refused food. last molt was about a year ago I don't have the exact date. but i have kinda handled her about a month ago meaning 3 of her legs were on my hand and then i chickened out lol. i keep her about 75 degrees and i leave her in a very dark room only checking on her every other day.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
rob this is matthew from rome ny. here is my p. ornata. sorry your male got killed. take a look at this one that i would like to trade with you but worried about its well being in the mail.
I think you have a P. subfusca not a P. ornata. :? :confused:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I was actually maybe thinking that by the carapace.....either way I will still trade for it!!
I would to! Make sure its not going to molt in transit. Maybe it would be good to wait until she molts. Sounds like she is really over due. Would be a shame to lose that beauty. :D

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would to! Make sure its not going to molt in transit. Maybe it would be good to wait until she molts. Sounds like she is really over due. Would be a shame to lose that beauty. :D
I do NOT want to loose her...if he is going to ship I would say tomorrow at latest!!