Tarcan's picture thread!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Incredible:worship:, makes me think of how much cool stuff I walk past everyday, or step on, or swat at when it lands on me.:eek: Just awesome man!

Later, Tom

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well, apparently I no longer know how to place pictures, sorry for that post until I figure out what the problem is

mrclean518

Arachnopeon
I am thankful that I found this thread. Beautiful and truly amazing. Invaluable.

Thanks so much.

Christoffer

Arachnosquire
Truly incredible pictures and awesome critters!! I have no words :p
Do you ever catch any of them and try to keep them? I would've :D Especially tiger beetles :D

Last edited:

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thank you for the nice comments, Christoffer, no, I never bring back critters back at home, I have enough tarantulas to take care of as it is! he he But I have been tempted by a few crab spiders!

Christoffer

Arachnosquire
thank you for the nice comments, Christoffer, no, I never bring back critters back at home, I have enough tarantulas to take care of as it is! he he But I have been tempted by a few crab spiders!
I dont blame you, their so cool. We have Misumena vatia in our garden. They're so cool :D

Kungfujoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like pics you see in national geographics magazines, awesome pics.. keep em coming.

TityusBahiensis

Arachnopeon
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!! wow!!! nice pics! By the way, what camera did you use? congratulations for the pics!

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thank you for the nice comments!

Tityus, you have a picture of my old set up on page 3, but essentially, I use the Canon 50D, I alternate between 4 macro lenses, the EF-S 60mm (very rarely, but some older shots were made it it), the EF 100mm L, the Sigma 150mm and the MP-E 65mm, also, since last summer, I use the Canon twinflash.

Take care

Martin

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Martin, this thread like an eyekandy, I truly enjoying every time I see it and looking forward to see more of new incredible shots!

Anastasia.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
all right, the season has started... finally

anyhow, barely I should say, it was freezing cold today and there was snow... but nothing would stop Alain and I to go take some shots.

got this shot of a fly walking on the snow... took me about 15 minutes to get this decent shot, after that I gave up as I had my knees in the snow and I could not feel them anymore!

and a second one of that same fly

a nice little spider

and got a shoot a few ants, which is rare, the temps kept them decently slow!

Anyhow, nothing outstanding, but I was just happy to be back on the field!

Martin

moloch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Glad the season has begun for you. I am looking forward to your terrific photos.

Regards,
David

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thank you David, here are a few more recent ones, there were a decent number of small arachnids

and Alain found a giant millepede, I had no clue we had these up here, quite impressive!

more to come when I get the chance

Martin