Tarantula shipping USPS/Paypal

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
OK
does anyone here use Paypal's shipping thing to ship via USPS? I am pretty irritated right now at someone and not sure who to go after here. I shipped a package Express mail and the paypal reciept says Next day. The USPS says its 2nd day. Now USPS says i should get a refund , but from paypal not them since they sold me next day but i got 2nd day. And Paypal says i should get a refund from USPS becasue they didnt ship it on time... ITs like neither of them want to own up to dropping the ball here.

On the plus side is that the bug arrived safe and sound.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well. Why was the shipping late? That should answer your question.
hmm that is the question. the USPS says that express from my location to his is 2nd day yet paypal sold me express as next day. I really dont think the USPS is worth using anymore for anything. but sometimes its what we got.
THey have had packages for me and never even blown the horn and took them abck to the post office and left a card , saying i can EITHER pick it up by 4 PM which i cant , since i work form 7-5 , OR it will be re-delievered the next day and they didnt deliever it the next day because I didnt call them and tell them to. I just think they finid the dumbest people they can find and put them in these hick town post offices.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I never have used paypal's shipping service via USPS or other. I would trust the USPS because they are the ones actually shipping the package.

I have run into times where the USPS has told me that it would be 2nd day for express due to the volume of mail in that area of the country that day. I asked what the time frame would be for priority and they say 3-4 days due to the above reason.

Delays can and will happen and I'd rather go to the source (USPS) instead of the middle man (paypal) just my $.02

Brian

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have had the same problem once. And I ended up getting my refund from USPS. It was a big old mess, but basically Paypal sometimes is not privy to the fact that some locations don't have overnight service, but they will sell you the postage for it anyway. So I did that once and the location it was going to was really two day service only. But I paid for it overnight, not to mention the reciever took a day off work to get the package. In the end I was lucky to get a refund at all. If it happened again I don't think I would get a refund. The lady I see at the post office all the time retired and she was the one that made sure I got one but now...... I think I’d be screwed. I feel your pain man it was really frustrating.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I never have used paypal's shipping service via USPS or other. I would trust the USPS because they are the ones actually shipping the package.

I have run into times where the USPS has told me that it would be 2nd day for express due to the volume of mail in that area of the country that day. I asked what the time frame would be for priority and they say 3-4 days due to the above reason.

Delays can and will happen and I'd rather go to the source (USPS) instead of the middle man (paypal) just my $.02

Brian
yeah but its so much easier for me because i dont liek to go to the post office, not to mention they do not work a schedule where I can go.
its really hard to be there between 8 and 4 when you work between 7 and 5 and work 40 mileas away.
I am thinking of just finding another way t ship
if i want 2nd day UPS is a far better choice than usps to me
and why pay 20 bucks for USPS 2nd day id rather give it to a non quasi governmental body lol

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have had the same problem once. And I ended up getting my refund from USPS. It was a big old mess, but basically Paypal sometimes is not privy to the fact that some locations don't have overnight service, but they will sell you the postage for it anyway. So I did that once and the location it was going to was really two day service only. But I paid for it overnight, not to mention the reciever took a day off work to get the package. In the end I was lucky to get a refund at all. If it happened again I don't think I would get a refund. The lady I see at the post office all the time retired and she was the one that made sure I got one but now...... I think I’d be screwed. I feel your pain man it was really frustrating.
yeah they both blame each other. and PAypal hires only people that do not speak english as a FIRST language to man the stincking customer service lines. I can barely understand a slow and clear speaking person now due to hearing troubles from working in a ware house.

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If paypal sold you next day, then usps should have complied. If they couldn't comply, then they should have made some contact. I don't think paypal is at fault at all here, based on your information.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I have packages shipped to me via next day service from USPS it usually arrives the second day. However, the tag will still say overnight or next day or whatever. Just to be clear, this is when I go through the mail service directly. So I am not sure what USPS is talking about. They do the same thing to me when they don't have anyone else to blame. However, I am really fine with it because it guarantees that I get the package in two days. I don't live way out in the sticks either. Just north of Tulsa, however, they will sell it and label it as next day but I think I have only received it next day once. I guess they don't check the addresses. They just find out in transit.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OK
does anyone here use Paypal's shipping thing to ship via USPS? I am pretty irritated right now at someone and not sure who to go after here. I shipped a package Express mail and the paypal reciept says Next day. The USPS says its 2nd day. Now USPS says i should get a refund , but from paypal not them since they sold me next day but i got 2nd day. And Paypal says i should get a refund from USPS becasue they didnt ship it on time... ITs like neither of them want to own up to dropping the ball here.

On the plus side is that the bug arrived safe and sound.
what time did you ship out? or was it picked up by the carrier?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
what time did you ship out? or was it picked up by the carrier?
dropped off at the post office at 1:42 Pm and at the airport that evening at 6:?? pm
i had it to the post office before my carrier left my neighborhood

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd think that paypal would say next day no matter what, i dont think there computer program can tell if its going to take two days or not, so it just calls it next day, with the possibility of 2nd day.
For me, i hate to have anything shipped express to me, priority is just as fast (somtimes faster) and i feel bad when i'm doing a trade and the guy pays $24 bucks and he could have got away with $6 for the same service.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'd think that paypal would say next day no matter what, i dont think there computer program can tell if its going to take two days or not, so it just calls it next day, with the possibility of 2nd day.
For me, i hate to have anything shipped express to me, priority is just as fast (somtimes faster) and i feel bad when i'm doing a trade and the guy pays $24 bucks and he could have got away with $6 for the same service.
yeah and i despise usps these days lol I mean for crying out loud why shold i have to call to let them know I need them to redeliver a package, they drive by my house every day any how lol

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
heres the break down:

next day express is a postal service, even though PayPal offers it. HOWEVER, some locations are so remote that next day is impossible for USPS to accomplish. They will still sell it as next day express, but its not guruanteed to arrive until 2 days later. So, because of the shipping location, the package could not be shipped next day garuanteed. If you would've shipped priority, it would've arrived 3 days later.
its no ones fault except the reciever's for his location.. he is unable to recieve overnight garuanteed. but can always pay for the ungaruanteed overnight service.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
UPS & DHL, offer guaranteed overnight shipping. Though, it can be quite expensive.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's just as easy to go to www.usps.com and print labels from there, AND it tells you the delivery commitment to the location so you can be 99% sure.

USPS Express Mail Commitments

Technically it tells me express to my location is 2-day, but that's only really if you're on the far west side of the country. Most packages sent in the Midwest and East of the Mississippi make it here in 1 day.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Why should Paypal be at fault? Its USPS' problem all the way. Overnight (Express) or even 2nd day, are both USPS guarantee's, not Paypal.

-Sean

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Why should Paypal be at fault? Its USPS' problem all the way. Overnight (Express) or even 2nd day, are both USPS guarantee's, not Paypal.

-Sean
paypal said it was next day and usps said 2nd day so someone is wrong.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's just as easy to go to www.usps.com and print labels from there, AND it tells you the delivery commitment to the location so you can be 99% sure.

USPS Express Mail Commitments

Technically it tells me express to my location is 2-day, but that's only really if you're on the far west side of the country. Most packages sent in the Midwest and East of the Mississippi make it here in 1 day.
yeah Texas to indiana should be overnight

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am located 10 minutes outside of Tulsa, OK and I am not covered under next day service from USPS.. so just because you are in the midwest doesn't tell you for sure. However, I have received shipments from Botar that were fedex'd overnight and they arrived on time...