Tarantula shipping USPS/Paypal

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I received a package of A. hentzi's from Oklahoma last month via USPS Express and they arrived in one day. So far (knock on wood) I've received all USPS Express packages in 1 day.

Where were you sending the package to exactly?

As far as I'm concerned, if Paypal is going to offer a USPS shipping interface it should provide the most current and up-to-date information to the user. So I think part of the responsibility rests on Paypal. Which is why I would use the USPS.com service from now on, you get the info from the horse's mouth as it were.

The USPS can't control geography or where people live, they also can't control 3rd party websites with faulty information. Not to mention they aren't as efficient or have the infrastructure that UPS/Fedex has in most cases.

But before I send any package whether it be by any carrier I check the transit times to that location to make sure it'll get there on time. I'm just anal about checking and double checking that sort of thing.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wasn't sending... I was receiving. For whatever reason, I can't get overnight service to me via USPS. I was just saying that it is strange considering I am within minutes of a relatively large airport and a relatively large city...

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wasn't sending... I was receiving. For whatever reason, I can't get overnight service to me via USPS. I was just saying that it is strange considering I am within minutes of a relatively large airport and a relatively large city...
i dont know about now, but last time i checked you cant even send a package express to me at all lol

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"Next Day" service doesn't mean it will get there the next day. That is the title of the service just as if you called it "service A". They call it that because it is next day to most locations. In order to find out when the delivery should be expected you have to go a step further and check delivery times. Just like with DHL, a delivery sent 10:30AM or Noon, won't necessarily get there at those times. A noon service via DHL is only guaranteed to get there by 5 PM in many cases if the location is off the beaten path. AND if you are shipping a 5 PM delivery via DHL, they have a disclaimer that it could be delayed even further due to the remote location of the delivery. Each carrier has little quirks in their system and you've got to learn each one in order to know exactly what to expect.

Botar

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm gonna have to blame paypal for this one. Paypal says next day and USPS says second day, so paypal is selling a service that they're not providing and should reimburse. Good luck with that, though. You'd be better off just pulling teeth. :wall:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm gonna have to blame paypal for this one. Paypal says next day and USPS says second day, so paypal is selling a service that they're not providing and should reimburse. Good luck with that, though. You'd be better off just pulling teeth. :wall:
yeah i wont be using USPS any more. They are part of the UN take over rule the world remove all rights conspiricy

Akitayoji

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
id rather give it to a non quasi governmental body lol
Ahem...I would be a USPS employee and the government only monitors our stamp prices since we have the monopoly on letter mail. Your taxes do not pay my paycheck. We are not a government body.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No MAIL FOR YOU! (soup nazi accent). {D
so now i know why my neighbors get all of my mail that is worth somethig ... like my silver coins and the like ...at least i believe they get them cause the post office says they delieverd them...maybe so but not to me lol

I never liked Mono Poly any the game sux lol

omni

Arachnobaron
USPS = Bad news

I noticed when I ordered tarantulas online w/ usps shipping, it was not my regular mailman that brought the pkgs to my door. I recently had my first bad experience w/ USPS. Selling off my collection, I sent out 11 out to one person using Overnight Express Monday. Going to their site entering tracking#, the T's had only made it 60miles in 24hrs(Canton to Cleveland, OH). They failed to provide overnight delivery, and as a result I fear they all died on the way to California. Now I know why many use FedEx and DHL even tho they cost a more. I don't recommend USPS to anyone. I hope I can make some claim for the spiders, since I sent the money for them back to the person.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Paypal - USPS

OK
does anyone here use Paypal's shipping thing to ship via USPS?
I have had the same problem once. And I ended up getting my refund from USPS.
Okay - this has me thinking about my own delivery problem today. This is the first time i have had a problem receiving packages on time and also the first time anyone that has shipped to me Express did it through Paypal...

I noticed when I ordered tarantulas online w/ usps shipping, it was not my regular mailman that brought the pkgs to my door. I recently had my first bad experience w/ USPS. Selling off my collection, I sent out 11 out to one person using Overnight Express Monday. Going to their site entering tracking#, the T's had only made it 60miles in 24hrs(Canton to Cleveland, OH). They failed to provide overnight delivery, and as a result I fear they all died on the way to California. Now I know why many use FedEx and DHL even tho they cost a more. I don't recommend USPS to anyone. I hope I can make some claim for the spiders, since I sent the money for them back to the person.
Did you send you T's through USPS via Paypal?? Just curious as i'm trying to figure out why this is the first time i have had a problem with overnight shipping and my first time shipping was purchased from the seller through Paypal - two packages from two different states and neither showed up. i will be beyond crushed if i lose the T's because of this as mine are traveling a long distance to CA and exactly why i shipped Express.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Okay - this has me thinking about my own delivery problem today. This is the first time i have had a problem receiving packages on time and also the first time anyone that has shipped to me Express did it through Paypal...

Did you send you T's through USPS via Paypal?? Just curious as i'm trying to figure out why this is the first time i have had a problem with overnight shipping and my first time shipping was purchased from the seller through Paypal - two packages from two different states and neither showed up. i will be beyond crushed if i lose the T's because of this as mine are traveling a long distance to CA and exactly why i shipped Express.
i dont think the problem with the package being lost has anythign to do wiht paypal. What irritates me is that paypal tells you its next day even if its really second day and wont refund at least part of the fees. They say "we didnt ship it so we are not responsible for it not getting there on time" and i say it got there on time you just told me the wrong day lol

Now that may be your problem. Express mail is either next day or 2nd day depending on where its shipped from and to. So if you cant get next day its second day to you. If they cant send next day then its second day.
The problem here is that the air port is 50 miles away and they cant seem to get to the air port in time to get next day lol