Tarantula cribs

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Haven't purchased one so cannot comment to that, but I was surprised the other day when I read that they just started in 2020. As popular as they seem to be online and as nice as their website appears, I would not have assumed them to be a start-up.
They were probably in some other form of acrylic fabrication and saw this as a new growth potential and thus started a new division or found a company who does and hired them for the work. I work with acrylics all the time so I can tell when I see work coming from folks with experience in the materials. They are probably running an Oxygen / Hydrogen Flame Polisher and that they can accurately hawg the holes for the rare earth magnets which means their cutters are good. Also the glue seams are beautiful which (again if you've ever worked with acrylic glue) shows experience and craftsmanship. Last, they are engraving them, so SOMEBODY somewhere has some machines. Although new to the hobby I am gonna wager these folks aren't new to acrylic fabrication or they found someone with some skills

MrPole

Arachnopeon
They are probably running an Oxygen / Hydrogen Flame Polisher and that they can accurately hawg the holes for the rare earth magnets which means their cutters are good. Also the glue seams are beautiful which (again if you've ever worked with acrylic glue) shows experience and craftsmanship. Last, they are engraving them, so SOMEBODY somewhere has some machines. Although new to the hobby I am gonna wager these folks aren't new to acrylic fabrication or they found someone with some skills
Ah. Good points. That would reduce some costs and time to get started. When I read it initially it sounded as though they didn't have experience period, but upon re-reading it just now what you posit makes sense.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Ah. Good points. That would reduce some costs and time to get started. When I read it initially it sounded as though they didn't have experience period, but upon re-reading it just now what you posit makes sense.
I did a search and the containers look very similar to the Chinese ReptiZoo products so my new guess is these folks are making them and labeling them for T Cribs under their brand. That would explain the quality of build, materials etc.... plus how some units are backordered. (on a container out in the Pacific)