Tarantula cribs

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
Yeah, a bit expensive though. Just be careful not to scratch the acrylic and you’ll be fine.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I bought some today off of someone else, they look to be pretty nice but I think they’re too expensive. Maybe worth it if you can afford it, I just can’t

Dumu

Arachnopeon
I have a few. They're really well made. The magnetic lock is a nice touch. Sharp corners, but otherwise very nice.

I just ordered an arboreal enclosure.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
One of these days I’m going to start making custom enclosures as a side hustle. Going to sell them at a fraction of the price that most do.

ZachMcG

Arachnopeon
One of these days I’m going to start making custom enclosures as a side hustle. Going to sell them at a fraction of the price that most do.
Ill go in on this with you, have access to a full workshop. Could completely dominate the enclosure market.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Ill go in on this with you, have access to a full workshop. Could completely dominate the enclosure market.
I get a bunch of scrap acrylic from my local glass shop. Would be cool to make enclosures for people on here. Just put in your order, make it, and ship it out.

Dumu

Arachnopeon
I'm not handy. I have no shop, nor acrylic reserves. Happy to pay for something stylish and functional.

Sign me up for when y'all do this.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Last edited by a moderator:

Help Me

Arachnopeon
I get a bunch of scrap acrylic from my local glass shop. Would be cool to make enclosures for people on here. Just put in your order, make it, and ship it out.
If you actually do it I’ll be happy to order

Kitara

Arachnodemon
They look nice, but DreamCo Plastics are cheaper and look just as good (IMO). Tarantula Cribs are stackable (I believe) and have that magnet thing that DreamCo doesn't. However, someone on here posted that the acrylic scratches as it slides open. DreamCo can custom build too so I have an 8" cube from them that is my favorite.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I recommend DreamCo or Lorex Plastics over tarantula cribs. Cheaper and just as well-made imo

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
Not to hijack this thread. But here’s a link to one of the recent ones I’ve made. https://arachnoboards.com/threads/custom-build-i-did-that-cost-around-15-usd.338155/#post-3103597 I’d sell it <edit> just to get my money back haha.
That is beautiful, truly.

So, if you priced it to sell (I mean the side hustle, fraction-of-the-price thing), after figuring in your time to construct it, and depreciation on your equipment, and time to come up with new sizes and designs, and screwing around with people wanting it customized, and breakage in the mail, and irate customers screaming at you because they bought their spider yesterday and ordered the enclosure from you today and USPS is running late or sent the shipment to their hub in NYC when the thing was just going from OR to CA and "my spider is going to die because of this!"... how much would you price it at then? Cause that's what I figure is included in prices, but I hate selling nickel-and-dime stuff online, because the hassle just isn't compensated well enough.:D

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought 9 enclosures from Tarantula Cribs. I like them a lot, they're great mostly. I did add some ventilation holes closer to the substrate level in the terrestrial enclosures I bought from them, since all the holes are very near the top in their design, but I don't know that it's strictly necessary to do so and I didn't have to make any other changes.

The problem I've had is that they take forever to arrive. I understand that it's just a couple, husband and wife, trying to do all the different parts of running the business and they were overwhelmed by how many orders they received. I'm still waiting on 6 of my 9 enclosures though, and I bought them on black Friday so it's been a couple months since I paid for them. Expecting a shipment from them tomorrow, but I'm not certain if it's just the 2 arboreal enclosures I bought or if the 4 large slider cribs will be arriving as well. They're polite and professional when I speak with them, the price isn't bad considering the excellent quality of the enclosures, and I'll probably order from them again in the future, but be prepared to wait for what you buy.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
ADMIN NOTE:

The OP asked if anyone owns these enclosures and if they are any good. They did not ask if they were expensive. They did not ask for information on the company. Please keep your replies to what was specifically asked. I would hate to have to remove good information just because it was posted in the wrong location. ;)

On a side note, if anyone has completed a transaction with the seller, then please post a review for them in the reviews section. Please see this tutorial on how to review a dealer or user, or how to request a review item if one does not exist.

Thanks!

Debby

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I would up with 2 of them in a local T purchase and they are very nice. They use rare earth magnets for locking the lids, they are really well made and well thought out. They also have polished edges and are made from extruded plex (not cast). So they are a quality product.

MrPole

Arachnopeon
Haven't purchased one so cannot comment to that, but I was surprised the other day when I read that they just started in 2020. As popular as they seem to be online and as nice as their website appears, I would not have assumed them to be a start-up.