T.Blondi Care

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Actually...you know what?

The first thing I ever posted here has some really good information.

Worry more about the humidity than about the heat.

And sadly...I've yet to get a blondi :(

I know I gotta change this sometime, but right now I'm researching various shelving systems.

Maybe I should make a post.

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks...that is a helpful topic :)

out of the two im definately gona go for the blondi....now its just a matter of finding a dealer that can sex them as early as possible so i can get a young female

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had the number for the Pemberton shop and left it in work!!! arghhhh
But if you go on www.petzoo.co.uk the shop is in Liverpool and they have listed on the site as having T. blondi between 8 and 15cm. Might be worth trying them

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just checked on that site...i think they have the same list as most pet shops lol...i have had one or 2 mention a 8-15cm blondi on their list recently.

that website sais it is wild caught...is there any disadvantage to this over captive bred?

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just a quick question is it not out of the ordinary for T's to get a little bald patch on their abdomen...my smithi usually gets one (without being disturbed and flicking hairs) just before it moults ...the skin is pink then darkens when the moult is closer

just wondering is this not out of the ordinary for t's such as blondi's

mitchell123

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's normal for them to flick there hairs , for the heating and humidity i suggest

.... i have a river stones on the bottom of the terra on top of that normal earth
and a big hollow tree for his hide , to the left side of the tank i have 28 watt heat matt and in the middle of the tank a 15 watt light bulb , at night leave the matt on and put the light out ,it's 28 degrees daytime and 20 degrees night time. Every two days poor some water in the corner of the tank , the tank is 120 x 40 x 50 cm . Hope this helps (btw it's a sub adult)

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just asking as i may be buying one soon and the owner sais she has a small bald patch on her abdomen but i have seen this on my own T and on pics of other peoples blondi's so it must be quite common

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes , most, if not all Blondi's will have this patch when it is close to moulting. When the patch is dark, the moult is immininent. As the Blondi get's larger the pre-moult period will increase, sometimes 2 or 3 months :eek:
My Big Blondi has moulted once in 6 months whereas the smaller one is about to moult for a 2nd time.