T #2

bksbuddha

Arachnopeon
;) I decided to check out the new petstore in town to pick up some pinkies for my new baby Snow Corn. After looking around for a while, I saw that they had Ts in a display case. Saw this cutie & decided that she needed to come home w/me.
Meet Charisma:

Figured since I started off w/a "pet volcano" (H. lividum), I may as well get a "pet rock" to go w/her...not in the same tank, just the same house. I'm just confused as to if she's A. seemani. :confused: They had her listed as a "Pink Zebra", but I'm having trouble figuring it out. I know that "common names" are often misleading & cause confusion. Since there are so many knowledgeable T peeps here, I figured someone could help me out.
At least she's very visable. She seems rather calm, but did flick some hairs at the guy when he opened the top. I'm looking forward to getting to know her personality. It'll be really nice for others to see the T that I claim is in the tank. :cool:
There just aren't a lot of people who I can show those pics to. Hope y'all enjoy.

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
pink zebra beauty, e. campestratus. a.seemani have more tan/orange underbellies and tan/orange spinerretes. i went through the same thing trying to figure out what i had lol.

btw you wanna fill that kritter kage with about 3inches at very least of substrate. atleast mine is a big time burrower.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I agree. That looks like E. campestratus. My LPS has one for sale too. They call it the "chaco gold knee" :rolleyes:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Agreed on E. campestratus. The sure fire way to tell if you have an A. seemani is if the spinnerettes are orange.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
H. lividium is a "pet-volcano"? Can some one explain that to me?

I thought H. lividum was a pet hole ; I know they're defensive but I didn't think they were on par with an OBT.

(I dont own one but I am looking in to that genus)

Very nice T I love getting full grown Ts, only draw back is they're almost always WC unless you buy from someone in the hobby.

PS: I'm heading to the search function now, so don't flame me for the H. lividium question.

bksbuddha

Arachnopeon
I call her my pet volcano because she made a volcano looking structure around her hole. {D She sure does explode outta that hole when she's hungry & there's a cricket. She's usually more prone to run into her hole whenever I open the top of her tank.
According to the store that I got her at (small store), she was turned in by a friend of his that couldn't keep her. So, I'm not sure if she's WC or CB, but leaning toward possibly CB considering he said she's about 2 years old. I also got my H. lividum as a 2 yr. old. :D

Raine

Arachnopeon
Yet another gorgeous T! :clap:

I will definitely look up this type! I'm making notes for future Ts when I have more experience under my belt. Eventually I want to have my own tarantula shelf! I'm hoping to get a couple scorpions one day to join my T collection, too!

Ts are so awesome. They take up so little space, eat so little, and are just amazing to behold! For someone who wants a hobby with fascinating creatures that does not eat up your monthly budget this is totally the way to go! :D