Systematic revision of Brachypelma red-kneed tarantulas

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
@AphonopelmaTX I was wondering if this thread could be made into a sticky? I tend to reference it a lot and believe it may be beneficial to have it easily accessible. At least until a larger percentage of people are switched to the new scientific names for the species.
Given the number of stickies that already clutter the top of the board (it takes two "page downs" on a desktop monitor to get to new content), I would rather see one sticky with links to taxonomic revisions than a sticky for each one.

If anything, outdated stickies need to be unpinned, and others should be condensed/updated.

I'd also note that the time limits on editing posts make it impossible to edit the first post -- the index/most useful post -- in a sticky, even if it's your own post. I can't update my true spider ID resources, for example.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
The underlying assumption was that some of the older ones would be cleaned out.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If people actually read the stickies, 95% of the posts in the Questions and Discussions section would never exist.
Chilean rose owners please read: how to really take care of your G. rosea.
Beginner Info - READ before posting
Quick Reference guide to answer common questions
Etc.

Yes. But what new posters actually do is go to that post, see that it is dated five or six years ago, and dismiss the info because it is outdated.
@MrDeranged @Aphonopelma81 , could you please clean out the stickies?

TomKemp

Arachnoknight
It's not all outdated. Yes, Some of it is, I can agree to that, but a lot of the information is legit as well. I see that some new members never bother to read them either. "Why is my tarantula upside down" "My tarantula dug a hole, What do I do?" That kind of thing.