Movement to Remove Stickies

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
While the Chat subforum isn’t nearly as bad as the Discussion subforum, there are still stickied threads that have become irrelevant over the years. The purpose of this thread is to move to have them removed.

I truly believe that Arachnoboards is one of the leaders when it comes to tarantula husbandry on the internet, and this is not something that should be taken lightly. With that responsibility comes the obligation to stay relevant, and to portray that, I feel that some threads should be removed from the top of the forum. I’d like to get a discussion going on this, and perhaps have others throw in suggestions of their own.

The threads I’d move to have un-stickied are:

Discussion Thread for the Arachnoposters
The last post was not very long ago, although it was from a new user that was posting in the wrong section. The last post from a contributing member was two years ago, 12/2014. I believe that the posters are still available here… where they belong, in the Announcements subforum.

Want to keep your rights to Ts? Poecilotheria owners, breeders or dealers
This thread is already in existence here, not sure why it needs two spots. It’s an important thread, I agree, but there’s not much of a reason to clutter two subforums with the same information.

Discussion thread for the Forum of the Year Contest
I really shouldn’t need to explain this one. Almost all the links in the thread are dead, and voting closed years ago. This thread means absolutely nothing at this point.

Important information regarding "Sex Me" & "ID Me" threads
Let’s just quote this one…
Please read the announcement here
Go ahead and try to click that link. It’s a dead link, and the thread is closed. This is another 100% worthless thread. It either needs to be updated or should be outright deleted.