• 75% vermicuite-25% peat moss

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • other...please state in reply post

Votes: 414 33.1%

• Total voters

luckie_couture

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i use forest bed for both my Ts. No issues with it, but i make sure it's completely dried out for my rosea. My brachy i keep it SLIGHTLY damp.

WS6Lethal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My vote goes for coco fiber for its versatility. Can be used dry or damp, and it is easy to clean. And since you only need one kind, can be cheaper and saves space from having multiple type for different kinds of setups.

Lately I've been using a "forest bed", which has coco fiber, vermiculite, and forest wood chips (since I couldn't find Eco Earth). It seems ok for now, but I'll wait until I use it for more that something tropical to give final judgement.

Last edited:

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i use Zilla Fir and Sphagnum Peat Moss for my little A. versicolor sling and it seems to work well in keeping the humidity where it should be.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I normally use either 100% peat or a 80-20 ratio of peat and sand, but for my most recent project, an adult female P. formosa in a 10 gallon aquarium, I used 100% potting soil (due to low cost), and so far it's been great.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Been using coco fiber, good stuff. Easy to use, looks natural, holds moisture but also can be used dry, no mold, no complaints :)

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Coco fiber

Coco fiber for all my T's! Easy to clean and no mold/fungus problems to report.

MaThEwMoNsTr323

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Coco Fiber Mix

i also use fine-med Coco fiber. i buy it in a compressed brick. i add alil vermiculite to species that require high humidity. i also add peat/sphagnum moss to dwelling/hiding species. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Jack III

Arachnocultured
Old Timer
Eco Earth has been my recent "Best" choice substrate for all my T's. I once had a really tiny grey shroom grow in one enclosure...and no it was not on purpose:). Adding some potting soild would help make it denser for those burrowers.

Lizardux

Arachnopeon
Same here.. Cocofiber bricks.. :) No mold, no shrooms, no problems :) Great humidity preservation. Just have to keep wach for T meal leftovers. Sometimes they start a little mold :):rolleyes:

starscreamzx3

Arachnopeon
I use a layer of peat moss on the bottom and coconut fiber on top. the mixter depends on the need of the Tarantula. More peat moss if the T needs more humidity.