strange behaviour emp

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my emp use to just sleep in it's hide but now he just lies under where the heat matt is goin is this normal because i don't want him to choose from no light and heat

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you don't want it to have to chose, just move the hide over to where the heat mat is. ;)

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmm but the hide i made out of stones and i have to compltely wreck every thing i might just my another hidefrom him a small one so he can hide under there but does any one kno whats actually happening to him

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmmm but the hide i made out of stones and i have to compltely wreck every thing i might just my another hidefrom him a small one so he can hide under there but does any one kno whats actually happening to him
What are the temps in your setup? It may be that they're too low, and your scoprion wants the heat right now. For an emp, temps should run close to the mid-high 80's.

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok now he looks like he has no energy at all but he won't eat any thing i give him

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Keep in mind that scorpions are known for fasting for long periods of time -- don't worry if he isn't eating.

Also, if this is an adult WC scorp (as most emps tend to be, unless purchased from a breeder), it may just be nearing the end. :( My female emp died recently, and her energy was WAY down for months prior.

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it is very small so i think its is a child and it looks captive breed i hope its not going to die :(

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I flipped through your other posts -- I really think a picture would help regarding the age of your scorpion. For comparison, here's a picture of couple of adult emperors on my hand:

If yours is a juvenile, they often refuse food prior to a molt. Mine also refuse food when they aren't hungry -- they just block their face with their pinchers.

looper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my was still for ages then i noticed the humid was a topuch too low so i sorted that out now hes fine

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i can get one up but won't be very clear
errrr how do i get a image up

Last edited:

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Either use the attachment function (in quick reply mode, click on "go advanced" and then look for a paper clip) or use image code.

If you have some image hosting service that you've uploaded pictures to (such as flikr or photobucket), the image code is (img)the picture's URL(/img), except replace the parentheses with brackets like [ and ].

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh done it here it is quite un-clear but i put a 15cm ruler so u can roughly see the size

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks adult to me... note the colour of the telson.... definitely a good sing of maturity or close to it

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oohhhhhh now i'm even more worried hope he still got atleast another good year in him

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How humid is it in there?

I found mine being a bit lazy, upped the humidity and she was so much happier.

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Humidity looks good, but try bumping the temp up to about mid 30's. You may notice a big difference then.

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
kk i will but i won't put my hopes up too much i thinks its going to be the end of him i think he is old and he doesn't even have the energy to catch food and i feed him he got it put it near his mouth but the move looks like its paralyzed

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
For the fourth time, scorpions tend to fast for long periods and refuse food. :razz:

Hopefully the temp jump will pull him through. If not, try getting some CB babies. :)